What Quote Do You Live By?

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
What quote do you live by, and what does it mean to you? It can be from a song, from a friend, from an anime, anything, as long as it means something to you. Something that moves you emotionally or personally, or makes you ponder for a long time because its meaning is deep and passionate to the soul. I go with:

"Before you can be old and wise, you have to be young and stupid"

I live by this because even though I make mistakes and I get in trouble from time to time, I always know that even famous people or regular joe's make mistakes. But from those mistakes, they learn for the better and become a little bit wiser by their actions.

~Shwa

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
My sig line. It came from a line "Coexist gracefully with the unresolved" in my favorite practical book. It has immense practical value that allows us to function even when things aren't perfect (like all the time, haha). I agree with the author when she says we build courage to get through the substantial trials by learning to cohabit serenly with the trivial. It's ok to recognise a problem and behave normally. It's not so much as being in denial but simply knowing the difference between having a problem in our life and making a problem of our life. "Fencing in an obstacle means keeping it contained so it doesn't affect the rest of your life.
When you have well-tended fences, one or two or a dozen things going wrong won't negate the 147 that are going right." I've been zen since I mastered this.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
The only one I can truely think of right now that at least relates to my life is...

"In the end everything is okay, and if it is not okay.. it is not the end."

I don't know that I believe that is totally true, but so far for me it has been =)

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
OK. I'm being serious here:
"Nuts!" General Evans of the 101st airborne when asked to surrender by the Germans. It says that I will defy the normal and live as best as I see fit. Perfect

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I live by this Babe Ruth quote: You just can't beat the person who never gives up.

When I do something I never give up, even if I have a hard time achieving it or finishing it. It doesn't matter what I do, I just don't like giving up, because it just makes me fail and I hate failing.

RATTIE

Registered Member
''Treat others as you would have yourself be treated.''

I do until someone tries to disrespect me anyway, then it goes well out the window! :lol:

I don't live by it, but I'd like to >>
"How we spend our days, is of course, how we spend our lives"
I'm so bad with procasination, I always think I've got all the time in the world to do things but then I end up throwing whole weeks away putting everything off.

TheDaemons

Registered Member
Well, I live by tons of different quotes, but just to name one I heard recently:
"It's better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than to be a pessimist and proven right."
------
Oh, and: "There's a time and place for everything."

And: "There is no try."

Last edited:

Bliss

Sally Twit
"Live each day as if it's your last" and "Everything happens for a reason"

I'm not a cynic. I've had a lot of tough times in my life but I always came out alright at the end. Life is too short to be negative all the time.