• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What Printer and/or Scanner Do You Use?

leopard22

Registered Member
I have an all-in-one which is fantastic. It's an HP LaserJet 3015 and works just fine for my needs. I've had it for a year now with absolutely no problems and got tons more pages out of the toner cartridge than expected. I've tried to buy HP printers everytime I upgrade my printer, but went through a period where I didn't print a lot and so I just used a low cost Lexmark inkjet. That was a dark time :) but now I'm back in the light of HP hehehe

Seriously, I used to have to repair and clean printers and scanners at work and I soon began to really appreciate the quality of HP printers/scanners versus the competition. Great workmanship, a solid feel to them, and they don't have paper jams nearly as often as any other brand I've had to put up with in a workplace.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't have a printer, but my scanner is really nice. It's a clear see-through scanner that comes appart. It's HP too. I can lay it on anything I want and scan it in, including wallpaper (haven't needed to, but technically I could hold it on a wall and scan the wall lol), books, etc. Anything that is flat.

It was like $300 but it has been worth every penny so far.

Julie

Registered Member
I have an All-In-One too. Mine's a Lexmark X1185. I don't know about other brands such as HP or anything, cuz I've never used them. Before this one we had a regular Lexmark printer, but wanted to upgrade to an All-In-One.

Knock on wood, I've NEVER had any problems with this one or the previous printer. I'd say probably go thru an ink cartridge about once every 2 months. I don't think that's too bad considering considering this printer gets used on a daily basis. The scanning, copying, & faxing on this one have worked everytime too.

leopard22

Registered Member
I've had a lot of bad experiences with Lexmark, so I'm glad your's is working fine, Julie. My old Lexmark inkjet worked fine but drank ink like a vampire. In the office I worked in, they switched from HP to Lexmark as part of their deal with Dell, and everyone was moaning and groaning (not in a good way ;) ) about the decline in performance and reliability within a month. Maybe we just didn't have the type of printer for the kind of heavy use we put it to, but it seemed like no one was happy with the switch. I guess once you've had HP, it's hard to settle for less (no, an HP salesperson did not pay me to say that, but I'm open to offers :D )