• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What popular games do you not like?

dDave

V.I.P.
-Halo Franchise
-COD Franchise
-All Sports Games

That's all I can think of for now.
See I was the same way with sports games, I always hated them.

Then I discovered NBA 2k10 (2k11 now) and Fifa 10 & 11. I really like those games a lot. Gran Turismo (racing) games are great.

Football games are really boring for me as well as most other sports games though. I do like a few now even though I used to hate them all. They're a lot worse on the wii.

Poetosis

Registered Member
I'm going to have to follow the trend by mentioning Call of Duty as a franchise that I really do not see the fuss about.

Another that I'm going to throw in there is the Assassin's Creed series. The first game was sort of ruined for me because of atrocious bugs that broke every bit of immersion that the game tried to muster. It's a shame because I hear that the sequel's story gets interesting.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I don't mind some car racing games, but I always saw them in sort of a separate categoy. As in "sports games" as one type and "racing games" as another. I don't like the realistic racing games though, only the crazy ones like Blur.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I'll second:

Mass Effect (this one has always haunted me, :()
FF franchise
Halo franchise
COD franchise

I can't do any of those games, or any sports games.

To add a few of my own...

Oblivion franchise. I tried and could not get into any of them at all.
Devil May Cry franchise. I don't know, I thought some of the boss encounters were pretty neat but overall the game just felt flat to me.

I would really like to check out Dragon Age though.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
One series that I've mentioned before is Halo. I just find them to be average at best, despite what many people say. The series did revolutionize the FPS genre, but sadly it turned it into something I don't really like that much.

Another series that I don't like, and I'll probably lose alot of gamer cred for this, is the Zelda series. I honestly have no idea what it is about them, but I just can't bring myself to give a damn about any Zelda games. I always end up giving up part way through cause I'm just bored by them.

The only other thing that could go in here would be the Madden franchise, but thats more or less a combination of my hatred for EA and the fact that I don't wanna re-buy the same game every year with new names and stats. Biggest rip-off in the gaming world in my opinion.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The only other thing that could go in here would be the Madden franchise, but thats more or less a combination of my hatred for EA and the fact that I don't wanna re-buy the same game every year with new names and stats. Biggest rip-off in the gaming world in my opinion.
I wouldn't quite call it a rip-off. Rip-offs would be like getting a bad game and paying full price. Madden games are not particularly bad. They keep changing the games, and they each have their own respective feel (for those that play enough Madden).

EA really isn't even evil anymore, Activision is the evil empire now.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
Mines gonna have to be Call of Duty as well, not it's a bad game but the only time I played multiplayer against more than one person I won handily which doesn't go wover well with me that I could win a game on my first match.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Mines gonna have to be Call of Duty as well, not it's a bad game but the only time I played multiplayer against more than one person I won handily which doesn't go wover well with me that I could win a game on my first match.
No offense, but that might be the worst reason for disliking a game ever.

Even if it is Call of Dooty.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
I wouldn't quite call it a rip-off. Rip-offs would be like getting a bad game and paying full price. Madden games are not particularly bad. They keep changing the games, and they each have their own respective feel (for those that play enough Madden).
My buddy buys every Madden game and I usually end up playing it at his place quite regularly, and they rarely ever seem much different. I once asked him if he was ever gonna get around to getting the new version, only for him to tell me that we were playing the new one. This is also the franchise that made it's huge innovation this year to basically make the 'Ask Madden' feature mandatory (and yes, I'm over simplifying, but that 'innovation' actually made me face palm when I read about it). I'm not saying they are bad games, but it is definitely easy money and they definitely know it, and I think they are flat out exploiting that fact.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It's funny how many times Halo and COD have been mentioned in this thread. Just goes to show that high sales numbers don't always equal a great game.