• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What popular games do you not like?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Simple question:

Which popular game/game series do you not like that everyone seems to worship? Let's focus on the games here.

For me, a big one has always been Halo. I absolutely loved the first game. I thought it was astounding but after that I could never play one. They never felt complete and they always felt incomplete to me, like Microsoft/Bungie pushed them out the door (something Bungie admitted with Halo 2).

Another one is Dragon Age/Mass Effect. Both games are solid, but they just didn't capture me the way they did my friends. Perhaps it's just a style preference for me, but they never wowed me. Dragon Age held my attention mostly but I was thoroughly disappointed by the ending. Mass Effect has just been painful for me to get into. I've been told the second one is far better and I hope so because the first one drags like a one legged man in a snow storm.

Your opinions?

Impact

V.I.P.
For me it's Halo as well. I played through the campaign of the third one and I just didn't enjoy it. I had to force myself to get to the end, rather than being excited to see the finish.

Another for me is Call of Duty. Again, I played through Modern Warfare 2's campaign and I only really finished it for the achievements. The multiplayer was boring for me as well.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
For me it was Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy 13 was very very linear, it really broke away from the Final Fantasy formula of not having a whole world to explore. Not to mention the story was so so through out the game. Imo it was a subpar RPG and probably won't buy any future Final Fantasy games.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'll second Final Fantasy. I enjoyed FFVII (but never beat it), but after that, the rest of them bored me.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'll agree on the last few Final Fantasy's. I loved 7-10 and hated basically every single other one.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
While I like Final Fantasy, Halo, Mass Effect and Dragon Age... I hate one popular game the most.

CALL OF DUTY.

Don't get me wrong, it is popular, but Call of Duty overstayed its welcome to say the least. It just rubs me the wrong way.

dDave

V.I.P.
One thing that just really annoys me about games nowadays is that it's all about the newest game in a series.

Sure Nintendo does a lot of series (that's almost all they do) but each game is very unique and has a fairly different feel to it.

Series like Halo, Call of Duty, or Grand Theft Auto are just getting really old to hear about.

If I had to pick one that I just hate more than any of the others it's without a doubt Call of Duty, the games are nothing special to me. They produce them so fast it's difficult to keep up, there was still tons of Modern Warfare 2 hype when then released Black Ops.

Other series that I really don't like.
-Halo
-GTA
-Mass Effect

I haven't tried Final Fantasy, I have FF X, now it's just a matter of playing it to see if I like it I guess.

Call Nintendo fans really annoying but I think that people that are just obsessed with Halo or CoD are WAY more annoying, it's all they ever talk about and to me the games are just crap (well I shouldn't say that I did enjoy Halo: Combat Evolved but never got the chance to finish it)

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Call Nintendo fans really annoying but I think that people that are just obsessed with Halo or CoD are WAY more annoying, it's all they ever talk about and to me the games are just crap (well I shouldn't say that I did enjoy Halo: Combat Evolved but never got the chance to finish it)
I agree. Those obsessive kids (most of them are younger than 16) are beyond annoying. CoD kids more so. Halo players at least average an age in a multiplayer room above 18. CoD... maybe 14 on a good day.