• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hardware What phone do you have?

dDave

V.I.P.
Thought this might be a fun discussion. Lots of different options out there. Anyone else running the iPhone 11? I recently upgraded to the 11 from a lowly iPhone 6S.

I was annoyed with the screen notch for the first couple of days and ever since then it’s been a total non-issue for me. I wanted to avoid Android. I believe iOS is simply the best mobile device experience. Being a PC enthusiast, I’m not an Apple fanboy but I’m pretty sold on the iPhone.

The phone is really fast and I’ve been super impressed with the signal that I get. I’m on T-Mobile (GSM) and I used to have terrible service.

The screen isn’t an OLED (like other 11 models) but it’s still super crisp and the colors are clean.

What phone are y’all running?

Impaired

Registered Member
I have a Galaxy S9. Switched to Android when my upgrade price to an iPhone 4 or 5 was going to be $500 and for $99 I could buy a more powerful Android phone. My wife and daughters are have iPhones but I'm happy with Android and having greater control over my settings.

The S9 is the nicest feeling phone I have owned. Perfect size for my hand and feels good. Solid

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Galaxy Note10 +

Great phone. I jumped through hoops to get his beast and I won't trade it for the world.

Impact

V.I.P.
Samsung Galaxy S10. I've had some variation of the Galaxy for a long time and I love how it works. Had to upgrade from my S7 about 6 months ago as the battery would only last an hour or so before losing charge. I'm not one of those people that needs the latest phone, rather I upgrade when the last one doesn't work any longer.

I should add that when I upgraded they had a deal where I got a free Samsung Galaxy Watch. I'm quite happy with my Fitbit Versa and the Galaxy watch didn't sync to the food tracking app or my health insurance app so sold that to recoup some of the cost of the phone.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
All I have is a flip phone. I would get a better one if I could get a signal at my house.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Blackberry Keyone. Been a decade using BB and I just don't want to get rid of my keypad haha

dDave

V.I.P.
Blackberry Keyone. Been a decade using BB and I just don't want to get rid of my keypad haha
I didn't know anyone was still using a phone that had a physical keyboard on it. It's been a very long time since I've seen one in person.

You'll have to upgrade eventually ;)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I didn't know anyone was still using a phone that had a physical keyboard on it. It's been a very long time since I've seen one in person.

You'll have to upgrade eventually ;)
The Keyone model is fully android so I get all the apps unlike when it was still just rim tech.

Shwa

V.I.P.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, with the built in case. I drop my phone periodically or it slips from my pocket, so the case helps out a lot tremendously. Plus its a pretty good system for when it came out. I'm due for an upgrade, and definitely will still go with Samsung and hopefully another one with a built in case.

~Shwa