What part of Australia would you rather live in?

Discussion in 'Travel, Points & Rewards' started by Vidic15, Dec 13, 2009.

?

Where would you live?

1. Melbourne

20.0%
  2. Sydney

40.0%
  3. Perth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Adelaide

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Brisbane

40.0%
  6. Darwin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

A spin off from the "What part of UK would you rather live in"

I live in Melbourne and believe it's an awesome place and all, would never want to leave it for any other state but Queensland is amazing when it comes to babes :D

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I doubt very many people know much about each city. Perhaps you could describe them for us. And how come the capital isn't even on the list?

3. Vidic15

Melbourne -

• MCG - Biggest sporting arena in Australia
    • Shrine of Rememberance - was built as a memorial to the men and women of Victoria who served in World War I and is now a memorial to all Australians who have served in war
    • Flinders Street Station - is the central railway station of the suburban rail network
    • Federation Square - It comprises a series of buildings containing a public broadcaster, art galleries, a museum, cinemas, exhibition spaces, auditoria, restaurants, bars and shops around two major public spaces
      • Is sister city with Boston

Adelaide -

NOTHING SPECIAL TO BE HONEST

Canberra -
      • Capital City of Australia
      • The National Museum of Australia established in 2001 records Australia's social history and is one of Canberra's more architecturally daring buildings
      • Australian War Memorial
      • Black Mountain Tower is a landmark and tourist attraction in addition to providing telecommunications

Perth - Nothing special

Sydney -

• Sydney Opera House is a multi-venue performing arts centre
    • Possibly best beaches
    • Biggest city in Australia
    • The city is home to many prominent parks, such as Hyde Park, Royal Botanical Gardens and national parks

Queensland

• Queensland is often nicknamed the Sunshine State, since it enjoys warm weather and a sizeable portion of the state is in the tropics.
      • Brisbane Far North Queensland (Cairns, Port Douglas,The Daintree) Gold Coast Great Barrier Reef Hervey Bay/Fraser Island North Queensland (Townsville, Magnetic Island) North Stradbroke Island and South Stradbroke Island Sunshine Coast Whitsundays (Airlie Beach, Whitehaven Beach, Hamilton Island, Daydream Island)
      • The Gold Coast of Queensland is also sometimes referred to as "Australia's Theme Park Capital", with five major amusement parks:
        Dreamworld
        Movie World
        Sea World
        Wet 'n' Wild
        WhiteWater World

Someone edit the poll. Add Canberra and edit Brisbane into Queensland

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  4. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

Queensland sounds nice. I love Amusement Parks, warm weather, and beaches!

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Sydney for the Opera House. I've seen it on the TV a lot over the years. I couldn't go to any part of Australia that was full of big spiders and snakes though. Is it all like that?

6. Vidic15

Australia isn't all bush you know, well, the outback is but I wouldn't know, I've been living 20 mins from the city whole my life.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Yeah but I've heard these big spiders and snakes get in to your house/garden. I think I'd die if I had to deal with those things every week. I feel like we can get massive spiders in England but it's nothing compared to what I've seen in Australia (on telly of course)!

8. Vidic15

That's in rural areas of Australia, I've had spiders in the house, but nothing huge like the redback, etc. There are snakes in the city area, but only in the overgrown grass places, like the creeks.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Which of those cities is nearest to some good mountains and isn't too hot?

10. midnightseve

midnightseve Registered Member

Probably Sydney because they have the most American stuff there because Americans vacation there.