What old items do you have?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EasySkanking, Aug 21, 2010.

1. EasySkanking

EasySkanking Registered Member

I found a bible, given to my grandma for her 'excellent work'...dated 1947-1949...when she was at school.
    Also found a handbag of my nans from the 50's...real leather :).

What old items do you have?

oh! and we've got a really old clock on the mantelpiece...its like 100 years old xD it cost A LOT. oh and the mantelpiece itself is the original so its about 85 years old...cus my house was built in the early 1930's :).

2. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I have an old pocket watch from 1880 that was my great grandfathers when he was a train conductor. I also have some rifles from the 1940's. My M1 Garand is from 1945 and my Mosin Nagant is from 1943. I also have some Morgan dollars from 1902 and 1903.

That is all that comes to mind as "old".

3. KelOnTheRocks

KelOnTheRocks New Member

I have a set of pearls that belong to my paternal grandmother, she passed before I was born.

4. Starfire86

Starfire86 Registered Member

I have a pair of gloves that my grandmother wore to her prom. She said that my great-grandmother kept them for years since they cost $15 and that was a lot of money back then.

I also have an obsidian mayan tool that was found in a cave in Mexico.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I'm going to try to do this from memory.

I have a 1st Edition copy of For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway.

I have an old replica pirate sword from India. I have no clue how old it is.

I have tons of old toys around my house. I have some 70's-90's baseball cards in storage along with some old newspapers, odd collectibles, and random glass bottles.

6. faith1806

faith1806 Registered Member

lol, i have so many old coins and stamps, but i could not remember the exact years of their publication

7. Pocketfizz

Pocketfizz Registered Member

I have a couple of first edition books that are about 100 years old, I also have a cheque signed by √Čamon de Valera for 320 pounds hahah!

8. coloradocowgirl

coloradocowgirl Registered Member

I have all my momma's old salt and pepper shakers she collected for many years.. I have her momma's bible and cook books..

9. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

I have a small cedar chest that belongs to my Mother.
    It was given to her when she was age 18, from her first husband.....it is filled with trinkets and things she kept thru the years~
    So the chest is 63 years old :)

10. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I really don't own anything that old. I have a ring that my grandfather got for my grandmother back in the 1930's on their travels around the world. And I used to have a really old mirror, I think it was from the early 1900's that was really awesome and ornately carved. Unfortunately I couldn't take it overseas with me.