• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What My Problem Used to Be

mamab

Registered Member
I didn't even think about who was being charged usage fees when using my debit card as a credit card. I know they're trying to go to those things you can put on your keychain and not have to carry an actual card. Don't know that I'm going there. I don't like it. What if you lose your keys? If you don't have to sign or something, you could be in a heap of trouble in no time.:-/

katharina

Registered Member
I didn't even think about who was being charged usage fees when using my debit card as a credit card. I know they're trying to go to those things you can put on your keychain and not have to carry an actual card. Don't know that I'm going there. I don't like it. What if you lose your keys? If you don't have to sign or something, you could be in a heap of trouble in no time.:-/
Very true... it seems that the more society tries to make things "easier" the
more trouble we get into with those very changes sometimes. :shake:

Melos

Registered Member
To mamab - what kind of "small item" can you purchase on credit at a store? The only credit offered at stores here are store credit cards, or payment plans for things like furniture or electronics - and they check your credit to see if you qualify for that! Besides that, I don't buy anything big enough to require a payment plan.

taiarain

Registered Member
I think she means something like a television or stereo. A few hundred dollars, but not in the thousands.

katharina

Registered Member
I think she means something like a television or stereo. A few hundred dollars, but not in the thousands.
Yes, that's what I think, too... something that you know you'll be able to pay off soon, but enough to get good credit built up.