What Musician Do You Consider Most Valuable?

Scissorhands

Registered Member
Between Guitarists, Bassists, or Drummers.

Which do you think is always in highest demand? Which do you think is most valuable?

Bliss

Sally Twit
I think you need all of those things to make a good band. I do like guitar and drum solos on there own from time to time though.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
i think they are all important. a good combination of all of them makes a great music.
i can't really chose between them. i'd say though guitarists and drummers are really important, even without the need of a bassist.

Scissorhands

Registered Member
Oh but bass is a must. If you are not a musician you don't realize it but the bass is the blood of the band. Guitar is the brain, drums are the heart. Without a bass guitar the music is very flat.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
There's an easy way to answer this. Which one can actually create a song on it's own? The answer is guitar. Bass and drums fill out the sound but the guitar is the core. Obviously to make a GOOD song then ideally you'd have them all but Guitar copes on it's own the best.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Definitely. Most teenagers listening to rock music will hear slamming guitar solos and try to imitate that. Thus, they pick up the guitar. They learn to shred on a Shecter or some other metal brand name guitar. But, without a proper rhythm section, they sound like utter shit. The guitar varies in playing while the bassist and drummer hold steady to keep a song going. But their are fewer drummers than bassists, so they are in higher demand. Thus, more valuable.

Scissorhands

Registered Member
^ If that's what you say, I'd agree much on that.. All of them are sure important to produce good music .
Who wasted a Phoenix Down on this thread?

There's an easy way to answer this. Which one can actually create a song on it's own? The answer is guitar. Bass and drums fill out the sound but the guitar is the core. Obviously to make a GOOD song then ideally you'd have them all but Guitar copes on it's own the best.
Ah, but your answer is countered by the fact that the question is asking about most valuable as well as in highest demand. I'm not talking, though, about value by what organ they bring to the band, I'm talking about by rarity. There are at least four guitarists for every bassists, I know that much. Everyone and their dead dog plays guitar.

Definitely. Most teenagers listening to rock music will hear slamming guitar solos and try to imitate that. Thus, they pick up the guitar. They learn to shred on a Shecter or some other metal brand name guitar. But, without a proper rhythm section, they sound like utter shit. The guitar varies in playing while the bassist and drummer hold steady to keep a song going. But their are fewer drummers than bassists, so they are in higher demand. Thus, more valuable.
--Most never learn enough to shred. They learn a couple chords and never more than that. It's sad, really.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I wouldn't necessarily equate Value to rarity but a few of my mates play and they always seem to gripe about how hard it is to find a drummer. So to return to your original questions:

Which is most in demand? Drummer
Which is most Valuable? Guitar

Last edited: