What meat would you not eat

I like the title to this because it rhymes.

Anyway, this thread is probably irrelevant to vegetarians/vegans etc, but for those who are not I pose a simple hypothetical question.

What meat would you not eat?

The meal would be processed and served for you to eat. It would probably look edible, but if the host let on that the meat, currently sat next to a jacket potato, was in fact from an Antelope - would you tuck in?

Or any obscure animal for that matter. Simply put, what meat wouldn't you eat? What animal could you simply not bear the thought of scoffing?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Mine is not a long list. Although I'm no flag-waver for cow meat, I find it ubiquitously convenient. The only flesh of a recognized food animal that I'm known to turn down on the basis of flavor is mackerel. I did see a documentary, though, where South American rain forest dwellers roasted tarantulas on a fire and then scooped out some hot, yellow goo from the smoldering critters with eager fingers that were soon sucked clean. Needless to say, I was less than beside myself with envy.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
Well, pork.. Which is not some obscure meat, but I just don't eat it. Also deer (I find the smell and look absolutely vile, and I like deer so >.>), duck or any bird beyond chicken and maybe turkey, cat, dog, guinea pig, or any other animal you may find in a pet store...

How about if it isn't chicken, beef, or seafood I don't want it on my plate... I think it is just easier to put it that way.

Hiei

The Hierophant
I don't think that there's any kind of meat that I wouldn't eat. I love meat of all sorts. Chicken, cow, deer, pig, fish, shell fish, small woodland critters, large woodland critters. Hell, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd even eat human meat if the circumstances were right. And that's not necessarily saying that it's a life or death situation, either.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Well, pork.. Which is not some obscure meat, but I just don't eat it. Also deer (I find the smell and look absolutely vile, and I like deer so >.>), duck or any bird beyond chicken and maybe turkey, cat, dog, guinea pig, or any other animal you may find in a pet store...
You don't like bacon or sausage?!?!

Also, have you tried duck? It's sort of like chicken, but tastes SO much better (but is admittedly worse for you...)

There are a lot of meat I'd probably never try (insects, worms, slugs, brains/eyes/tongues/testicles/etc). I'd probably be willing to try meat from animals generally associated with pets. It'd be kinda weird, but I think I'd be able to try it.

I don't think I'd be willing to eat any of those animals that will kill you if they're not cooked properly.

I'd also stay away from endangered animals.

I'm getting an idea: Although some do seem a little vague about this.

I'm pretty open-minded about what I eat. Although there are certain things I couldn't eat. As follows:

*Tiger, Lion - actually anything remotely cat-like because they are remarkable creatures and deserve respect.
*Jellyfish because I don't like them at all, although I'd be happy to smash their rubbery bodies in with a spade, fucking vile things.
*Most insects, like Wade said, mainly because it would be a waste. I hardly even consider them meat. It'd be like eating flecks of dust or something.
*Certain animals that just seem very unappetising. Anything that is a primate more or less. I don't think I could eat a human unless drastic measures called for it, and even then I'd be a bit picky about it. And if presented to me on a plate by a host I'd probably be disturbed and concerned for my safety.

Other than that I think I'd be able to at least try what the server served. A bear here or a gnu there. I think it'd be worth the experience.

P.S. Duck is extremely tasty. Although I am unaware of why it is bad for you?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
The only meat I would eat is turkey, chicken, and seafood.

And bacon :paperbag:

Nothing else. No beef, no organ meats, no processed lunch meats, no exotic and/or wild animals, etc.