What matters most to you? Getting your career going or having a family?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Isabella, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Isabella

Isabella Registered Member

What matters most to you? Getting your career going or having a family?

as for me, i think first is having job then i'll think to have family, because i've to make my life.. working first then i'll think to make a family :-/ this is my opinion about this question...how about you folks?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, you can't really have a successful family without a successful career now can you?

3. Isabella

yea i agree with you :nod: but i don't like making family now..i'm still young lol :shake:

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I know some are just fine with having a basic job to make ends meet when they have made plans to build a family. Some even rush to make a family without a job. :)

For me though, I wanted to be more fulfilled in my career before I ever thought of settling down. I aimed for higher paying jobs and prestige and spent my days focused on work, work, work for years.

The irony is that when I finally settled down, I also eventually quit working full time. My family focus has become more important at the moment. It helps that I still get side jobs, have savings, and my husband is also employed so we're not really hurting financially.

5. Isabella

i do agree with you by that..:cute: and if you work all the time you don't have time for your husband am i right?? :shake: .. so i wish there's a work in a half hour LOOL because i want to hanging out with my friends XD

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm sure couples who both have (or want) to work full time find a way to make time for themselves and their family, not just their jobs. Everything just needs a balance. :)

7. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

I plan on having the security of a good job and my own car before I consider starting a family.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'd like a bit of both please. If I don't have a stable job then there's not much point in me starting a family.

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I think I'd be much more concerned about getting a good job, and I haven't even been to university yet. I won't start thinking about settling down until I have a career. Maybe not even then, I don't know. Family is extremely important to me, but that means the family I have right now, not a future one.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Registered Member

Well seeing as you asked sooo nicely....lol

As for me, im 18, family is not real high up on my list at the moment, so career i guess.