What matters most to you? Getting your career going or having a family?

Isabella

Registered Member
What matters most to you? Getting your career going or having a family?

as for me, i think first is having job then i'll think to have family, because i've to make my life.. working first then i'll think to make a family :-/ this is my opinion about this question...how about you folks?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I know some are just fine with having a basic job to make ends meet when they have made plans to build a family. Some even rush to make a family without a job. :)

For me though, I wanted to be more fulfilled in my career before I ever thought of settling down. I aimed for higher paying jobs and prestige and spent my days focused on work, work, work for years.

The irony is that when I finally settled down, I also eventually quit working full time. My family focus has become more important at the moment. It helps that I still get side jobs, have savings, and my husband is also employed so we're not really hurting financially.

Isabella

Registered Member
The irony is that when I finally settled down, I also eventually quit working full time. My family focus has become more important at the moment. It helps that I still get side jobs, have savings, and my husband is also employed so we're not really hurting financially.
i do agree with you by that..:cute: and if you work all the time you don't have time for your husband am i right?? :shake: .. so i wish there's a work in a half hour LOOL because i want to hanging out with my friends XD

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm sure couples who both have (or want) to work full time find a way to make time for themselves and their family, not just their jobs. Everything just needs a balance. :)

I think I'd be much more concerned about getting a good job, and I haven't even been to university yet. I won't start thinking about settling down until I have a career. Maybe not even then, I don't know. Family is extremely important to me, but that means the family I have right now, not a future one.