What makes you watch the olympics?

Discussion in 'Olympics' started by StroShow, Feb 18, 2010.

?

What makes you watch the olympics??

1. See your fellow countrymen win a medal?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. See the best atheletes in the world perform at their respective sport?

75.0%
  3. Other..Explain?

25.0%
  1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm sure more then 50% of the members here are currently watching the olympics. I was wondering what makes you watch the olympics? Is it to see your fellow contrymen win a medal?? Is it to see the best atheletes in the world perform at their respective sport?? Or other??

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I just watch to see how the Australians go against the other countries.

3. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

That and the fact that you don't see 95% of the Olympic sports anywhere else or watch on a regular basis.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I watch to see the best athletes in the world compete against each other on the world's biggest stage while representing their countries. It's also fun to see a lot of the sports that I don't get to see very often.

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Well considering my country rarely, if ever, wins or even gets 2nd or 3rd, it's not to see my countrymen win. :lol: I guess it's because I get to see sports that I don't see elsewhere because they aren't televised, and to see such a high level of competition, and everyone performing at their best.

6. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Obviously I love to watch my countrymen win medals but moreso I just love the Olympics in general. I'll watch every hockey game I can no matter who's playing.

Just because there aren't Americans performing doesn't mean I wont watch.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I just love watching the events, the passion of these athletes trying to win a medal is unbelievable. They train all their lives for this one moment that sometimes only last 30 seconds. It's just so entertaining.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I was interested in the men Figure Skating results (and I also like watching top performers from that sport).

All the rest, they just happen to show on my telly although there are games that slowly interest me more (ex: randomly watching the Canada hockey game last night) and might be the reason for following those in the next few days.

9. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I mainly watch for the hockey. It tends to be the most intense hockey because of how much is riding on it, and its all the best players. The other events are exciting too, because they're at their best and their runs, jumps and falls are alway bigger.

10. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I think i made a mistake making this a poll, because everyone obviously wants to see their countrymen win a medal...i'm still on cloud nine after our first gold medal. But I watch it to see the best athelete's in the world go at each other and the best one coming on top. Like before this olympics I didn't know how entertaining the Mogul's were. I dont think I'd watch it on a regular basis if it was televised on a daily basis but i'd definitely give it a look a few times here and there.