• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What makes you rep someone?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Do you only rep people that make quality posts, do you only rep people that make you laugh or do you just rep your friends?
Obviously those aren't the only reasons for repping someone so feel free to give me a different reason.

I do rep quality posts and I do rep my friends. But most of all I rep people when they say something that makes me laugh out loud. I'm all about the humour, baby.

Impact

V.I.P.
I rep someone if they start a good thread, or make good points in their posts. Also, if I have something to say in reply to their post that is too short to bother posting or is off topic. Also if someone makes me laugh.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'll rep for a quality post, but normally they either mention something I enjoy, have a similar opinion I do on a certain subject or they make me laugh.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am assuming you mean reply? Is yes then mainly it comes to if it is something I am interested in or something I have been thinking about in the past, it also depends on the content. If it is a topic I am interested in but the content makes little sense I will tend to ignore it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I use rep for good or funny posts, or to say thank you for something, or just to spread random love to my friends. I don't rep people who never rep me back for anything.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
So close... SO CLOSE!!!

I'm looking forward to finally being able to check out this "repping" thing.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I am assuming you mean reply? Is yes then mainly it comes to if it is something I am interested in or something I have been thinking about in the past, it also depends on the content. If it is a topic I am interested in but the content makes little sense I will tend to ignore it.
Rep means reputation. Once you reach 500 posts you will be able to give/receive rep for posts. I think that number should be lower, but we had some problems with new members leaving over negative rep in the past.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Rep means reputation. Once you reach 500 posts you will be able to give/receive rep for posts. I think that number should be lower, but we had some problems with new members leaving over negative rep in the past.
Ahhh, cheers for the clarification Echos :)

Dekzper

Registered Member
One thing, I never give bad rep. I might if I thought someone was trolling a thread or seriously bashing someone but that'd be the only reason.

For good rep:
1. If something makes me LOL!
2. If I learn something new.
3. If I decide that someone has said something really important.
4. Sometimes I rep just cause I like someone. :D

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
I forgot to mention random repping, and rep spreading. I find I have to spread rep a lot because the same few people make posts that need it apparently. And the random repping I do occasionally when I want to spread rep to my friends but don't have a reason other than because I like them.