Xbox 360 What made halo 2 so good?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BangkokJamez, Mar 22, 2009.

1. BangkokJamez

BangkokJamez New Member

So I always wondered why people say halo 2 is better than halo 3. I played halo 3 alot more than 2. And enjoy them both but recently I've been playing halo 2 alot because people say its better than halo 3. But one thing I sure like about halo 2 is the BR.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I've never really heard that actually. Most people I know who played the Halo series from the beginning would say that Halo 1 was the best. I actually bought and returned Halo 2 because I hated it so much. Luckily we opened a friend's copy and played his on the night it was released. I decided I wasn't impressed and simply returned my collector's edition Halo 2 the next day.

As for Halo 2 being better than 3, I'm not sure why people would think that to be honest. From what I've seen, Halo 3 would probably be the better of the two.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Halo 2 was the worst in the series. The first one was best, third one was okay, and the second one was just not that great. The problem is, people rate the experience and not the game. The game itself had mediocre graphics, was rushed through development so it had some design flaws, and the story was absolutely horrible. The ending is amongst the worst in gaming. Ever. Halo 2 jump-started the online gaming revolution which is why so many people liked it. The game was simple in construction and the addition of a ranking system is basically the only reason people played it was for bragging rights.

Halo 2 is easily one of the most over-hyped games ever and it deserved very little of it.

4. BackyardRumble

BackyardRumble Registered Member

Personally, I think halo 2 was the best. Halo 1 and Halo 3 had wayyy to many colour in the game, where as halo 2 was more darker, and dull colour in which I think added to the game play experience.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The first Halo was easily the best in terms of multiplayer. It had awesome maps and the most balanced gameplay. I played Halo 2 a lot, but there were a lot of things that really pissed me off. It was a flawed game and a lot of the maps were horrible. I've only played Halo 3 briefly, but I didn't notice enough of an improvement over Halo 2 to make me want to go buy it.

6. Prophet_Of_Rage

Prophet_Of_Rage Registered Member

Halo 2 was THE FPS of its time, online it has much,much better maps than Halo 3 IMO, I just enjoy playing Halo 2 abit more than Halo 3, and i'm a huge Halo 3 fan.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It's fact that Halo 2 was rushed, Microsoft and Bungie admits it. It was technologically inferior to the other two in terms of production value. Halo 3 was finally what 2 should have been. Although, neither game have very good graphics.