• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What little thing makes your life better?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It could be anything. An object, a phrase, a sound. No rules here.

What made me think of the thread was how good it made me feel when, unprompted, my co-worker told me "It's because you're awesome at servicing policies!" I felt an overwhelming sense of pride, and accomplishment at such a small compliment.

I also really, really appreciate having a long cell phone charger. It's been a relatively inexpensive way for me to add a lot of convenience to my life.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Right now, just an Xbox One and Game Pass to keep me occupied during quarantine.

I was sent a bunch make up in PR when my Instagram was doing well, so unboxing all that stuff and then painting my face with it has been nice way to kill time. I doubt I'll be getting any more because I've neglected the crap out of my Instagram and lost around 300 followers over the course of the past few months but it was nice while it lasted 😂

Oh and face charts! I've really been into those lately. I find them to be incredibly therapeutic.

Reactions: Doc

Konshentz

Konshentz
My PS4 - for obvious reasons. I love video games, but I can also use just about every (good) app from that thing. So anytime I feel like escaping from reality, that's my go-to. Honorable mention to my Xbox One. It doesn't get the same amount of love, but Game Pass is marvelous.

I tried to think of something else.... shrugs

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Two things have always made my life better. One, books. I have a ton of books, so many I’ve only read about half of them. The second, is Van Halen. Their music is my therapy. It’s been that way since I was a teen. Anytime I feel anxious, depressed, whatever, I put on one of their albums and crank it as loud as I can. It gives me so much relief and is great for my stress.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm going to say writing. I write my own stories for fun and there's just something strangely therapeutic and relaxing about the whole experience. I get to channel emotional energy into it, use my imagination to create in the world of the story, and in the end I feel accomplished because I've actually created something.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm going to say writing. I write my own stories for fun and there's just something strangely therapeutic and relaxing about the whole experience. I get to channel emotional energy into it, use my imagination to create in the world of the story, and in the end I feel accomplished because I've actually created something.
That's something I used to do all the time years ago. Really helped me out through some rough times. Sadly, I stopped doing it for whatever reason and I haven't completed a story in more then a decade. I've tried to pick it back up a few times with no luck.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Listening to music on Youtube with headphones is something little that makes my life better. I like hearing songs that you no longer hear on radio stations, especially if the song reminds me of a good time and a good year in my life (although I'm doing fine this year so far).