What languages do you speak?

Dekzper

Registered Member
I only speak English fluently (my native language) but I can speak some German and am learning Russian. I can form sentences in German and am getting good with sounds like in "Auch gut". Those were difficult to master. I also memorized the Cyrillic alphabet and understand it fully and can read and write Russian. I get a lot of help from a friend of mine's grandma who is German and lives in Germany. Also from a friend of mom's who's parents live in Russia.

Last edited:

Cheyron

Registered Member
I speak English!

I took Spanish a few years back, began French and tried Italian. I didn't stick with any. I should start soon though as I wish to travel to all of those places. :p

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I am fluent (speak, read and write) in English and Afrikaans.
I used to be able to speak some conversational French, but not getting that much practice in it I kind of lost that lately. I plan to pick this up again soon though and use Ysabel for practice!! :) I will inform her of this later! :lol:

I don't speak or write German or Dutch, but I can understand it fairly well and read it as well. Dutch more so than German though, Afrikaans being a Dutch dialect and such!

Millz

Woof
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've always been somewhat envious of those who can speak multiple languages. I think that's my turn-off to going to places who don't speak English...I just cannot stand not understanding everybody. I took Spanish in high school but have pretty much forgotten it all. I would love to be able to speak another language but I don't have the time to learn.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
I can order beer in 7 languages.

One of the most beautiful things I ever saw was a table of deaf young adults in Washington DC having dinner and signing. They were amazing.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I forgot about that. A friend of my uncle is deaf and I talk to him by signing. I'm not real fast like he is but I can keep up. That is def a language too.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I have a friend who takes sign language as a subject at uni. I am way jealous of that. I would love to be able to sign. I can do the prayer St. Francis of Assisi in sign! Does that count for anything? :lol: