• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What languages do you speak?

Dekzper

Registered Member
I only speak English fluently (my native language) but I can speak some German and am learning Russian. I can form sentences in German and am getting good with sounds like in "Auch gut". Those were difficult to master. I also memorized the Cyrillic alphabet and understand it fully and can read and write Russian. I get a lot of help from a friend of mine's grandma who is German and lives in Germany. Also from a friend of mom's who's parents live in Russia.

Last edited:

Cheyron

Registered Member
I speak English!

I took Spanish a few years back, began French and tried Italian. I didn't stick with any. I should start soon though as I wish to travel to all of those places. :p

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Except Albanian which is my mother tongue, I speak English, Italian and Spanish.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I am fluent (speak, read and write) in English and Afrikaans.
I used to be able to speak some conversational French, but not getting that much practice in it I kind of lost that lately. I plan to pick this up again soon though and use Ysabel for practice!! :) I will inform her of this later! :lol:

I don't speak or write German or Dutch, but I can understand it fairly well and read it as well. Dutch more so than German though, Afrikaans being a Dutch dialect and such!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've always been somewhat envious of those who can speak multiple languages. I think that's my turn-off to going to places who don't speak English...I just cannot stand not understanding everybody. I took Spanish in high school but have pretty much forgotten it all. I would love to be able to speak another language but I don't have the time to learn.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
I can order beer in 7 languages.

One of the most beautiful things I ever saw was a table of deaf young adults in Washington DC having dinner and signing. They were amazing.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I forgot about that. A friend of my uncle is deaf and I talk to him by signing. I'm not real fast like he is but I can keep up. That is def a language too.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I have a friend who takes sign language as a subject at uni. I am way jealous of that. I would love to be able to sign. I can do the prayer St. Francis of Assisi in sign! Does that count for anything? :lol:

asusx83

hi there

am speak arabic and kurdish and English but not good and i will do better
to learn more about English