What languages do you speak?

Discussion in 'Foreign Languages' started by Vidic15, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I speak two while the other two I am not really fluent at but I do know some words, I can speak Serbian which is my first language and English which is my second as the the languages that I am not so fluent in, it's Italian & Greek, which I was forced to take classes in school. I was meant to have Italian classes for this year's electives, but they cancelled it, thank god.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I really wish I could speak more than one language. They made us 'learn' french and german in school but I never took much notice. So now I'm attempting to learn Italian, and its going pretty good...

3. Kriistineeee

Kriistineeee Registered Member

English
    French
    Spanish

all in school.

4. Lemonv1

Lemonv1 Registered Member

I can only speak English, which isn't really THAT limiting seeing as Britain, the USA, Australia, etc all speak it.
    However, I would like to learn another language. As said in another thread, Swedish. Maybe Japanese too..

5. Greywolf

Greywolf Registered Member

So far, I can only speak English an Spanish... Some Japanese is thrown in there too...

6. Kite

Kite Registered Member

I speak English obviously, enough Spanish that I could happily live there, I wouldn't say I was fluent, but I'm not far from it when I think hard enough. In theory I speak passable French but I haven't used it in years so whether I do is another matter. And beginners Japanese. I went to a language college i had no choice but to take a zillion languages.

7. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

My first girlfriend was Hispanic and she taught me Spanish

I used to speak Hebrew pretty good as I took it up as a language in Junior High and High School. And for five years I worked at Seward Park High School in Manhattan which is 80% Asian and I picked up a considerable amount of Mandarin.

However since I've had no reason to use any of these languages in recent years I've pretty much forgotten how to speak them. Curiously enough I can still understand them when spoken.

8. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

English, very basic French and basic Irish (which is completely and utterly useless)

9. Harmony

Harmony Registered Member

I only speak English. And some might say not very well. ;) I'd love to be able to speak Swedish though, since my boyfriend is Swedish...

10. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

English and French at school. Then i did a Spanish course a couple of years ago. It was just basic Spanish though.