• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What Kind of Wedding?

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
If you were getting would you prefer a small or large wedding? Why?
If you're married already was it large or small? Did it turn out the way you planned it?

Would you know who would be your maid or matron of honor and best man is?
Would you want a band or a DJ or something else?
Would you want a church weding or somewhere else?

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
As much as I would love to prefer a smaller wedding, because of my culture and tradition, it is never a small wedding haha I am of Tongan descent and we do everything big with traditional mats and what not!

I'd have my uncle as a DJ, a band is cool but they'd have to play songs everyone likes. Church Wedding for sure.

Here's an idea of a tongan reception after the wedding lol

CubsMascot

Registered Member
I was married. I wanted a small wedding and when you have parents in the mix it doesn't end up the way you want it. I had a 300 person wedding which I wanted about just 100. I don't like crowds. My maid of honor was to be my sister and she backed out close to the wedding. Believe it or not it ended up be my ex-husband once ex-girlfriend. o_O We had a DJ and he was mediocre. We definitely had a church wedding.

Weddings aren't always what they are cracked up to be... Would I do it again this way... No way.. Justice of Peace would be fine with me.

Impaired

Registered Member
If you were getting would you prefer a small or large wedding? Why?
If you're married already was it large or small? Did it turn out the way you planned it?

Would you know who would be your maid or matron of honor and best man is?
Would you want a band or a DJ or something else?
Would you want a church weding or somewhere else?
My wife and I were married in her mother's backyard - my mother in law made a goal of having 100,000 flowers blooming and I am pretty sure she hit that mark. It was a Renaissance wedding and most people came in costume. We are weird that way.

It was smallish, 60 people or so. We had a neighbor, a harpist play, then some musician friends play, I played a song or two and the rest of the music was CDs DJed by anyone who wanted to put something on.

Everybody chipped in, time, food, services - I think we spent a total of $5000.

We had a Lutheran minister perform the service, but we wrote the service and our own vows. We had tents in case it rained, but didn't need them and it was a beautiful September day (chosen using the Farmer's Almanac.) After the service, we walked down the aisle and then the best man and maid of honor held my sword and we jumped over it after reciting a medieval verse.

My best friend was best man, her best friend was made of honor. My wife wore her mother's wedding dress, altered and the maid of honor wore my wife's grandmother's wedding dress. The best man's mother made custom shirts for he and I - and I wore a sword.

It was magical and thankfully a friend packed us the nicest picnic basket of food - as we got to the B&B where we stayed that night and neither of us had eaten. We just danced and mingled and played music all night.

A judge who lived up the street crashed the wedding in a medieval judge costume. It was great.

Magical.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I got married at a little country church with just a few people there. Never was one that liked big crowds of people. Which goes double if I am the center of attention.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Our wedding was supposed to happen this summer, but our plans to a hit with the housing crisis in this city. So we've pushed the date back to December 2019.

My fiancee never had any preference on the type of wedding we wanted, so we've decided to go with a South Asian fusion wedding; mostly because I've already decided on a South Asian wedding dress. This one is particular, mainly because I love the embroidery on it.

For those not aware, South Asian weddings are basically a month long affair, but thankfully my mom and my sister in law will be taking care of most of the preparations - invitations, party favors, bookings etc. We're heading to India and Ireland in February next year to start shopping around for the big day. I'm actually a little nervous because I thought I would never get married and the fact that it's happening within two years of meeting my fiancee (well, 3 if you count the non-dating year) is a little bit surreal to me.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I have a small family. So if I get married someday, their wouldn't be that many people that would attend the wedding unless the girl I was going to marry had a large family with lots of friends.