• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music What kind of music do you listen to the most.

willge87

Registered Member
What kind of music do you listen to? Modern Rock, Classic Rock, Top 40, Hip-Hop, R&B?

For me the vast majority of my iPod consists of classic rock and 80's alternative. The latter is a difficult genre to define because it encompasses many different musical movements. For example, Talking Heads can be described as New Wave while Bauhaus is considered goth. However, both are considered to be 80's alternative.

I also have a soft spot for 60's Motown.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I listen to a lot of Indie and their variations of pop and rock. Another big one is EDM/techno/electronic music.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I pretty much listen to everything except screaming stuff. But, the two things I listen to the most are House music, which I fell in love with a couple of years ago. It's actually taking over the music world. I also listen to 80's music a lot, which I'm pretty much addicted too.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Just loaded Metallica on my iPhone. (Sadly, I am missing 4 CD's :() So, I've been listening to that everyday on the way home from work. Window's down, guitar riffs on blast.

I generally do not listen to anything pass 1999 unless I have the radio on. Same watered down bullshit with auto-tune on maximum.

70-80's Rock / Metal
90's Alternative / Punk / Grunge

Usually listening to rock, alternative, metal, punk...anything that's got a catchy tune.

But I don't mind the pop song once in a while. I had Cups stuck in my head for the past 2 months now.

sheldonbowyer

Rock.

Currently hung up on Volbeat. Favorite of all-time is definitely Disturbed though. Like Three Days Grace, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Five Finger Death Punch, Skillet...

Found some newer ones coming out that I really like as well... Fight or Flight, Thousand Foot Krutch, Avatar, Device, Motionless in White.

Absolutely love music.

Sabby

80's music ballands/pop etc. Love me some classic rock AC/DC, Stones. And when me and the lads get together, especially if there's girls around, we usually crank up the BSB and NSYNC. That shit was on the radio constantly growing upo and we know all the words. The chicks love watching us lip sync and bust out our cheesiest of late 90's dance moves lol.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
That's something you should not openly admit to anyone... unless you're 3 bottles pass three sheets to the wind or on death row.

TORHABSFAN

In high school I was all about the Euro and Freestlye Dance music. I still throw it on from time to time.

Afterwards I started listening to Oldies like crazy Love Elvis and Roy Orbison.

Now I don't really care. Whatever they play at the Bell Centre during Habs games makes me happy.