• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What kind of food should I serve at a holiday party?

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
Now that we are in the holiday season, many people are either planning holiday parties, or will be attending one. This year I am having a small holiday get-together. My plan is to have heavy hors d'oeuvres and desserts, but my mom said I should have some main dishes because she is afraid people will be hungry. I disagree. So my question is, what do you like to see at your holiday parties? Would a party with filling appatizers (and plenty of them) be good enough for you, or do you prefer a real meal?

MissMe

Registered Member
I would be fine with hors d'oeuvres and desserts. hors d'oeuvres and desserts. I would make sure to make a note on the invite that it is hors d'oeuvres and desserts and you should be fine.

Impaired

Registered Member
If you are not having a sit down meal, you don't need sit down dishes. hors doeuvres are fine. The wife made some great ones for a party:

little filo dough shells with brie, pecans and cranberry with a sprig of fresh rosemary.