• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What is your operating system?

What OS do you use primarily?

• Something less then Windows 95

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 95

• Windows 97

• Winodws 98

• Windows 2000 ME (Millenium Edition)

• Unix

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I upgraded my system from XP to 7. I loved both of them but I'm loving more the latter. It's amazing.
------
There's something I haven't found in 7, though.
I remember Vista had this version of switching between different windows.

While 7 has it simple.

I wish this one had it like Vista. Or maybe I'm not aware of other options?

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, it cost a bit extra but it was worth it.

The part that i enjoy about it the most is the fact that it's 64 bit, it's the one thing that used to be the main difference between Mac and PC operating systems, that gap has been closed for quite some time now.

I jumped from Windows XP to Windows 7, I never bothered with Vista, my dads computer had way too many problems with it, it's ridiculous, people that didn't have problems with it were simply lucky.

I still need to get a new computer soon though, the one I currently have just isn't going to cut it for much longer, it's had about 3 1/2 years, maybe even a bit longer, and it's done it's job well. I'll probably always use a custom build, they seem to be very durable and you can add whatever hardware you want to your system.

I haven't had one single problem with Windows 7, which makes me think that people who still argue that Macs are "more stable", "faster" or "more reliable" don't have the slightest clue what they are talking about.

wolfy

Registered Member
I use XP. It works just fine for any of my needs.. I don't do anything too nerdy on this laptop.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I use Windows XP and have no immediate plans to switch up. This is due to the fact that I'm still in the process of building my own, a process I started back in '07/'08, so that Asus Maximus Formula mobo is probably a bit out of date now. Thankfully, PC cases never are.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
XP at work, and Windows 7 at home. I guess the work one would be primarily, since I'm mostly on a computer there more than I am at home.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I use Windows 7, after switching from Vista. I like Win7 a lot, despite it taking a while to get used to (I wasn't a fan of the task-bar to begin with), though I never had a problem with Vista either.

BigBob

Registered Member
I've got Windows 7. I had to go get myself a new computer a few months ago because my other one died and Windows 7 is the only thing they sell anymore at Best Buy. It's not bad though.

dDave

V.I.P.
I use Windows XP and have no immediate plans to switch up. This is due to the fact that I'm still in the process of building my own, a process I started back in '07/'08, so that Asus Maximus Formula mobo is probably a bit out of date now. Thankfully, PC cases never are.
Well you do have to remember that as computers evolved the methods and efficiency of cooling them evolved as well. I have several cases from the late 90s and early 00s that I would never use because there is such a small amount of cooling on them, I'd say those are out of date.

What OS are you looking to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.