• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What is your Operating System

What is the operating system on your primary computer?

• Windows 8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Older version of Windows

• MacOS / OSX

• iOS

• Android

• Linux

• Other

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
So many out there these days. What is everyone running?

We had a thread on this like 5 years ago. I thought it would be nice to start fresh and get some clean and recent responses.

Personally. I'm running Windows 10 on everything. Windows 7 security updates are over with and Windows 8 was a heaping pile of garbage unless you modded it to basically be windows 10 anyway. I have an iPhone that runs iOS but to this day the experience of using a real Windows based computer is not wasted on me.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Windows 10 on everything. I preferred Windows 7 as it was the last "classic" Windows. It also feels like Windows 10 spys on me, also, but that's the world we live in now. Everything is taking our data.

I run the newest version of Android on my Note10.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Windows 10. On my phone, it's android - not sure if 7 or 8. I'm still using blackberry but Keyone.

dDave

V.I.P.
Windows 10 on everything. I preferred Windows 7 as it was the last "classic" Windows. It also feels like Windows 10 spys on me, also, but that's the world we live in now. Everything is taking our data.

I run the newest version of Android on my Note10.
You can turn off a lot of the "spying" stuff. Especially easy to do during initial install on the most recent versions. I don't like that Windows update is not optional now. If I want to be unsecured leave that up to me! :cool:

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I turned off all of my spying for sure. I don't mind the updates coming on their own.