• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What is your local school plan for the virus?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
My school district is sending home packets of work for my six year old in first grade on a two-week basis. They explored the idea of having the work online but ultimately my rural area doesn't have the internet access to make it viable.

dDave

V.I.P.
So far the schools around here seem to have switched over to online courses (for the high schools and colleges anyway). I think the elementary schools are all doing learning from home. Kinda sucky for the kids that still have 2 parents working as there isn't anyone to sit down and teach them most of the time. Unfortunately, that seems to be the best we can do at the moment.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't have the ability to sit and teach my son. We work about an hour or two every weekday after 5pm. It's the only time we have to be able to take care of this.