What is your IQ?

If you know what it is.

And furthermore, could you please discuss whether you believe it to be a reliable measure of your intelligence, or anything for that matter.
i.e. Maybe it's a good measure for something other than just intelligence. e.g. Your level of curiosity for instance, determined by you actualy seeking out the number in the first place. Perhaps?

Thanks.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
It was 143 when last I had it measured, which was a little under a decade ago. I'd like to think it's progressed vastly since then though, ha. It was a long time ago and I've increased my knowledge by stupendous amounts compared to my childhood days.

I'm not sure if an IQ test is a test of intelligence or a test of your capacity to learn...I suppose it depends on what you define "intelligence" as, really.

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I think you should also qualify your answer by specifying who administered the IQ test. The Wechsler is only reliable when administered by a trained professional, and even then it's only an estimated number. It could vary as many as 5-10 points either way on any given day.

Mine was measured by a friend of mine who was learning how to administer the Wechsler, about 8 years ago. Since she was just learning how to do it, she wasn't allowed to tell me what my score was, but she did tell me that I was "in the same range" as she was, which was around 125.

I do believe that the Wechsler is a reliable measure of intelligence, which to me means your ability to reason, solve problems, and comprehend.

Kudos Jeanie, for recommending that test.

I have just decided to take one of those free IQ tests, and the score came back 131, which I guess I should probably be happy about, yet somehow I find it to be a very obscure result. Considering the seeming inanity of the questions asked during the test and my sceptical/cynical view of things.

I doubt it is much of a measure, being a free internet service which seems rather unprofessional, it also doesn't help that I consider myself to be something of a moron at times, but that's me. I like the idea of the Wechsler test, it even sounds authentic. Perhaps if I feel like it some day I will get another one done the proper way. I think I'm on the fence as to whether I consider them any good or not, as I am with most things. But thanks for the response.

I look forward to other opinions.

EDIT: Also, a further question - do you reckon IQ has ties with memory? The bigger the score the better the memory for instance... --

Last edited:

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
My test was analysed as a Mensa program for schools, for young children who scored the highest marks in early exams and testing. Only a small percentage of children were tested for their IQ; I vaguely remember there being around 6 or so of us. The cut-off point for entry into Mensa was 148. I remember it specifically because I was so disappointed for not making it by 5 points lol. >.<

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I have taken maybe 6-7 different IQ tests online I think I average maybe 125 give or take 5.

I am not sure IQ testing is a highly accurate tool, but to a point it is useful and for the most part consistent as far as I can see.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
I have taken maybe 6-7 different IQ tests online I think I average maybe 125 give or take 5.

I am not sure IQ testing is a highly accurate tool, but to a point it is useful and for the most part consistent as far as I can see.
I think they are grossly overrated, unreliable and unfortunately the best we can currently do.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Mine was done by a doctor last year. It was 126 or 128 and they said I was "bright". It was just to get me to study more. But I dont think anybody really can measure IQs anyway. I mean if your like totally stressed you're not gonna do very good.