• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What Is Your Favorite Truck?

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Their is a thread on this part of PopMalt.com that's about what your favorite car is.

However, this is about what your favorite truck is.

My favorite truck is a truck a relative of mine purchased back in 1998. It was a black colored 1998 Dodge Ram.

It was rugged and a great looking truck, in my opinion.

So what is your favorite truck?

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't own a truck but I've always dreamed of getting a Toyota Tacoma, probably in flat tan. I think it's a great work of engineering, Toyota sure knows how to build a truck. I have a lot of friends that have had their trucks over the years. The one thing I'll note is consistent reliability and total durability.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I personally have owned and driven:
1994 Chevrolet 1/2t regular cab 8ft bed with a 5 speed manual. It was the color green you picture in your head now.
2002 Dodge Dakota SXT, 5 speed manual, short bed regular cab. I loved this truck. Reliable and fun but not practical.

I've driven:
Everything Chevy and Dodge have to offer from 2014-2019
An old lifted truck
A new lifted truck
2009-10 Nissan Titan
2014 Big f'n diesel Ford
A diesel Dodge with all of the EPA stuff stripped out with a double clutch and mods

The most fun:
The diesel Dodge with a stick, diesel, and mods. It wasn't a quick accelerating truck by any stretch of the imagination. It drove with a super heavy clutch and was best driven double clutching. It was like driving a big rig and that made it soo soo much fun to drive.

The most practical:
Crew cab long bed pickup. Tons of space for people and cargo. Not the most efficient. That's what I'd own if money weren't an issue. Specifically a Sierra Denali 1500 with a diesel.

The best, and most reasonable for me:
I would have a Chevy Colorado, Ford Ranger, Jeep Renegade, or Toyota Tacoma with a crew cab, leather, and a 6' bed. The big selling point for me would be the price of the truck and being able to get a crew cab with manual transmission. I believe that leaves the Tacoma or Nissan Frontier in that class. I would have to have leather added aftermarket because the manual transmission trucks that are on the market do not come with leather as an option. 4WD is a must.