What is your favorite terrain/zone/area in an RPG?

When playing an RPG, what is your favorite terrain/zone/area?

For me, I love the wide open outdoors. Valleys, huge canyons, anything with huge amounts of space to roam free in. I love doing battles there, exploring and even just idling while I eat lunch or do something else. Usually, the outdoors don't have spooky music or even the annoying kind. It's usually nice, calm and relaxing where you can fall asleep to it.

Something about not being restricted to walls or an object that blocks your path. Aww... :banghead:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
It's not really and RPG, but more of a FPS... I quite enjoy playing urban combat games like in Day of Defeat.

Y'know what, you can take RPG out of my post. Any game genre is good.

Urban areas? I always dislike buildings blocking my view. ^_^

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
I like cities, mainly because they don't often have random enemies popping up.

I'm sorry, that's just something that really annoys me about RPGs. This is why Paper Mario is my favorite RPG, battles aren't really random, they can be avoided if necessary.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Mostly what I play in RPG's is dungeon siege, what I really enjoy in that game is anything but the dark swampy areas.

But to be more specific I like the Green Grass trails in the mountains or in the forests, I just love the atmosphere of gameplay that creates.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I'm sorry, that's just something that really annoys me about RPGs. This is why Paper Mario is my favorite RPG, battles aren't really random, they can be avoided if necessary.
Not all jRPGs have random battles, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time for example. Those ones are great, because you can get from A to B without a single fight if wanted.

To the topic at hand, I like stereotypical dungeons myself. The claustrophobia, not knowing what's going to be around the next corner, I love it.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Y'know what, you can take RPG out of my post. Any game genre is good.

Urban areas? I always dislike buildings blocking my view. ^_^
I like urban maps simply because of the abundance of hiding spots. I like to sit and wait around corners :)