• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What is your Favorite Game of all time?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
RPG fan, I see. I always thought IX was a lot better than VII, to tell the truth.

thrillhouse22

THRILLHO
I can only narrow it down to 5 games:

(in no particular order)

Ocarina of Time (N64)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (PSX)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Genesis)
Arnold Palmer's Tournament Golf (Genesis)

This is an extremely tough choice, but I think I'll have to go with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.
The combat was great fun, and very unique; the time effects were awesome and innovative, and go perfectly with the game (a dangerous platformer where one wrong move will kill you...rewind time, try again); and the platforming itself is extremely fun and satisfying. The game also has a fair share of good puzzles.
The main reason I like it, though, is for the story. It has an awesome story, and the characters develop so well throughout. The story is just perfect, and it has an awesome ending.

Pianobone

Registered Member
I need to play the new Prince of Persia games. I've heard good stuff about them, I should go rent them or buy them at used at Gamestop.

I wholeheartedly recommend Sands of Time, but you should be weary of Warrior Within. Ubisoft tried too hard to go mainstream by adding in hard rock music that doesn't fit in, and changing the Prince's attitude (they have an excuse but it's still a horribly annoying change, but this is just my opinion) and adding in half naked women for the hell of it. It's also loaded with glitches, so you'll want to save in multiple slots.
Fortunately, the gameplay is still fun. The platforming is still crazy cool and the combat got kicked up a notch. There are tons of combos to pull off and you can intertwine combat with your environment (swing around a pillar and cut enemies with your sword).
It's not a terrible game, but it doesn't live up to Sands of Time.
I am, however, looking forward to the new one, The Two Thones. It seems as though they've combined the best aspects from SoT and WW.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've been wanting to get Sands of Time ever since it came out. I've heard nothing but good things about it. But for some reason I never got it, probably because there's always been games I'd rather have. But it's definitely going on my Christmas list this year.

bgeezyrepping33

My favorite game by far, I mean far, is Super Mario Bros. 3. The only game that can see it as a speck in the distance is the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Other favorites are Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil 4, Pac-Man and Tetris.

Pianobone

Registered Member
I have to give mad props to Super Mario 3. Not sure if it is my favorite game, but the items were awesome. Sure, the original had the mushroom, the star and the flower, but 3 added the tail, the raccoon suit, the frog suit, the hammer suit, the cloud, the anchor, the warp whistle... oh man, I'm getting excited just talking about it. I want to go play it now.