• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What is your favorite anime series?

blackhorse

Registered Member
i have watched quite a lot of animes and i think the best would be fushigi yuugi(romance), macross frontier, aya shino ceres(romantic anime), slam dunk, bleach is really long u kinda get bored after a while but it has a gr8 story line..gundam seed, gundam seed destiny, gundam 00..yup i think thats it..i think all of the above are like supernatural or fantasy kinda stories but action packed esp the gundam ones

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
At the moment I'd have to choose Naruto as being the main anime I'm watching currently, it is pretty good in terms of storyline and character development.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
Well, I have a top 9, I guess.

1. One Piece
2. Trigun
3. Fullmetal Alchemist
4. Ouran High School Host Club
5. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
6. Monster
7. Death Note
8. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
9. Code Geass (Both seasons)

Finally an almost top 10 that I think I can agree with for a long time. :lol:

Explanations:

1. One Piece - You know, typically those most stereotypical Shounen fail to impress me. Most of them focus way too much on action (*coughbleachcough*) while others just don't have good enough characters and/or story. One Piece HAS impressed me though. I think it's mainly because the characters are awesome, and instead of being focused so much around action, it's focused on emotion. I love emotional series, and One Piece is just top notch in that area at times... Plus, it has an overarching story. It doesn't change every arc. =P And the story is interesting!

2. Trigun - I don't know what to say about this one. It was the first real anime I saw aside from maybe Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. The last time I watched through it was in 2007, so I'm just going by remembering how much I enjoyed this series. Like One Piece, I found the series to be quite emotional, plus it had a lot of awesome characters. Vash was hilarious... And where else will you find a villain awesome enough to kill people by playing a saxophone? XD

3. Fullmetal Alchemist - Another series I've only watched a little bit through since my first run back in 2007. Plus it strayed so far from it's manga. But I set that aside. I didn't know that the first time I watched it through, and enjoyed it quite a bit more than the majority of the anime I had seen before the time. Like the above two it is very emotional. Maybe overly so... but still, I didn't care when I first watched it. XD

4. Ouran High School Host Club - My favorite Shoujo, for sure! It's not quite as emotional as the other titles in my top 5, but it is easily the funniest of the series. (Aside from a few moments in One Piece...) The manga has gone quite a bit longer and has showed more emotion... But the anime is still awesome! I swear, Tamaki makes the series for me. Although there are a lot of other great characters in Ouran, Tamaki is my favorite character of any anime.

5. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Did not expect this one to make it into my Top 5. But it had the feeling of a top notch Shounen, IMO. It is a bit weird, though. There are some just unarguably awesome characters like Kamina, and they and the overall mood of the anime helped bring it to number 5 for me. I'm not usually into mecha, but the mecha in this series was actually pretty cool. It would be hard to deny that at the end of the series. lol. There are flaws in this one though (too much fanservice >_<)

6. Monster - What can I say? I used to favor Death Note over it, but Monster is not Death Note. It's a more mature series with a truly insane antagonist. Feels more like a novel or something rather than an anime. lol

7. Death Note - It has dropped down in my list quite a bit, but I still say that it is fantastic. It was the first Shounen that I saw that didn't involve physical action, so that may have made me like it more than I should have.

8. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - We're 33/34 episodes into the series now, so I think that I can safely judge it. Although it might end up higher in the end. I like how it's following the manga more than the original Fullmetal Alchemist did.

9. Code Geass - This one was hyped up quite a bit. I was really happy when the company posted it up on YouTube, and then I watched the second season on Adult Swim. I REALLY liked the atmosphere on the anime and the whole alternate history thing, but the supernatural geass powers and other weird stuff got a bit odd in the end. =/

knoxbox

Registered Member
im really into cars so i really enjoyed initial d,

as far as regular anime goes loved berserker.

Malificus

Likes snow
Current Standings:

1. ARIA The NATURAL
  2. ARIA The ANIMATION
  3. ARIA the Origination
  4. .hack//SIGN
  5. Irresponsible Captain Tylor
  6. Baccano!
  7. Eureka Seven
  8. Porco Rosso
  9. Kino's Journey (The Beautiful World)
  10. Twelve Kingdoms
With the ARIAs Condensed:

1. ARIA
  2. .hack//SIGN
  3. Irresponsible Captain Tylor
  4. Baccano!
  5. Eureka Seven
  6. Gankutsuou
  7. Porco Rosso
  8. Kino's Journey (The Beautiful World)
  9. Twelve Kingdoms
  10. Bartender

Viggenstien

Registered Member
I feel like a dumbass for it but I love Chobits. I like the technological aspect and the cuteness of it. It also raises a lot of questions about what would happen if there were human-like computers walking around with the capability of learning and even feeling. Maybe I over think it but, it's interesting to me.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I'm very picky when it comes to Anime. I think for the most part-- I like comedy, the really cute and parody, slice of life type stuff with hints of drama. Mature, serious, and thought compelling. To sum up my 'Top 10' best I can, I'd have to go with:

1. Claymore (and the on-going manga)
2. Pani Poni Dash!
3. Ouran Highschool Host Club
4. Last Exile
5. Monster
6. Lucky Star
7. Ergo Proxy
8. Haruhi Suzumiya (season one)
9. Code Geass
10. Spice and Wolf (season one)

There are more I can consider in my top 10, that's more to my recent moods. Of course if this was a manga or movie list, it would be entirely different. ;)

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
My current favorite has to be Phantom Requiem for the Phantom, it's not over the top like some shows but it's not without it's action sequences. It's kinda like a mix between a tv drama and a mild action movie.