What is the one thing you forget when packing for short trips?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Easily-Amused, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

Hello, all!

I am packing for a trip to a Shakespeare festival, and today is the day in which I run around making sure I have ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING packed for tomorrow. I was wondering if you all would indulge me in a little helpful survey: just tell me the one thing you always forget to pack, so that I can be sure that I have it.

2. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

My flat iron.......... >.>

I always use it right before I leave and then forget to pack it.. Then I get to spend my trip with my frizzy curly hair, unless I was smart enough to pack something to tame the frizz and make the curls look normal.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Socks and Pajamas. Nearly every single time i've gone somewhere, i've forgotten these two things.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Same! Always forget PJs. Luckily it's not the worst thing to be without.

Another thing I sometimes don't remember to pack is chargers for my phone/laptop etc.

5. Easily-Amused

Check and check. Got 'em both.
    ------
    I'm not bringing my laptop. The only electronics I'm bringing are my camera, iPod and iPhone - the camera charger is in my backpack, and I need the phone charger tonight, so I will pack that tomorrow.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  6. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I forget many things, unfortunately.
    Mostly bottle or formula (but you won't need that for the trip)
    I forget things like deodorant/hair brush because I always mean to pack them as last minute items and forget, since I'm pressed for time.
    I forget slippers many times as well.

7. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

I usually make a list for each of us and begin packing 2 days in advance because I don't want to forget anything. So far it's worked.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Tampons and pajamas.

Although I don't always need tampons. I always forget them when I do need them, though.

9. Easily-Amused

I haven't needed a hairbrush in a few years - my hair is too curly for that to be useful.
    Deodorant - check! it's in the top front pocket of my suitcase.

That's exactly what I've been doing, but I just want to make sure. Plus, I thought it might make an interesting thread.

Check and check. :)

Thank you for indulging me, those who have so far!

10. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

The other thing I never pack, but ALWAYS end up needing are medicines.. Specifically like Excedrin and Pepto Bismol. They are things I rarely need at home, but when I get traveling I almost always end up buying something for headaches.