What is the most annoying pop up you've ever had?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by dDave, Feb 21, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Alright anybody who has been using the internet for a while knows about pop ups and how annoying they are.

the most annoying pup up i ever got asked this exactly

"Are you tired of annoying pop ups?"

I didn't even consider clicking on it.

I have also had stuff that advertises smileys and "CLICK HERE TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE!!!!!!"

I hate the stuff that says that I am like the 99 visitor of the day and it tells you that you get something and well, obviously I don't believe it.

How did the internet get so cluttered with stupid bogus advertisements?

what is the most annoying pop up you have ever had?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't care what they say, but the ones that won't close or create more pop ups are the most annoying.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I always hate getting the ones that say "CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE THE 1,000,000TH VISITOR! CLICK HERE TO CLAIM YOUR FREE HOUSE!"

But one time I had one that spawned two or three more each time I closed it, which became insane and I couldn't even CTRL + ALT + DEL out of it. I had to do a hard restart.

4. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

WEB NEXUS is the worst as it pops up even when you are NOT on the internet so I downloaded a WEB NEXUS uninstaller program I found on the internet and 3 years later no WEB NEXUS pop up and I also downloaded and installed Ad-Block Plus so now pop ups are rare.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Any popup that happens when I'm not actually browsing for the internet. Thankfully I haven't' had one in a long time.

6. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

the ones that just keep going and going and going

like...are you sure you want to close this

....are you really really sure

...wait we know who has a crush on you

...click here to see who your crush is

and they just GO ON AND ON

7. Wildhope

Wildhope New Member

congratulations You Are The 1,000,000th Visitor! Click Here To Claim Your Free Ipod!"

8. dDave

I wonder who actually clicks on pop ups that say that you've won a free laptop. you've got to pretty stupid to do that, it's like an instant virus download.

I also hate the kind where it pictures the X button as part of the link and you should have it the cancel button.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

" . . . congratulations, you've been selected to win a free, iPod Nano . . ."

[​IMG]

10. dDave

that's a pretty good one constantine