What is the most annoying pop up you've ever had?

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Alright anybody who has been using the internet for a while knows about pop ups and how annoying they are.

the most annoying pup up i ever got asked this exactly

"Are you tired of annoying pop ups?"

I didn't even consider clicking on it.

I have also had stuff that advertises smileys and "CLICK HERE TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE!!!!!!"

I hate the stuff that says that I am like the 99 visitor of the day and it tells you that you get something and well, obviously I don't believe it.

How did the internet get so cluttered with stupid bogus advertisements?

what is the most annoying pop up you have ever had?

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't care what they say, but the ones that won't close or create more pop ups are the most annoying.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I always hate getting the ones that say "CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE THE 1,000,000TH VISITOR! CLICK HERE TO CLAIM YOUR FREE HOUSE!"

But one time I had one that spawned two or three more each time I closed it, which became insane and I couldn't even CTRL + ALT + DEL out of it. I had to do a hard restart.

WEB NEXUS is the worst as it pops up even when you are NOT on the internet so I downloaded a WEB NEXUS uninstaller program I found on the internet and 3 years later no WEB NEXUS pop up and I also downloaded and installed Ad-Block Plus so now pop ups are rare.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Any popup that happens when I'm not actually browsing for the internet. Thankfully I haven't' had one in a long time.

redsoxocd

living on the border
the ones that just keep going and going and going

like...are you sure you want to close this

....are you really really sure

...wait we know who has a crush on you

...click here to see who your crush is

and they just GO ON AND ON

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I wonder who actually clicks on pop ups that say that you've won a free laptop. you've got to pretty stupid to do that, it's like an instant virus download.

I also hate the kind where it pictures the X button as part of the link and you should have it the cancel button.