• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games What is the best game ever?

Jim_Raynor

Registered Member
What is your favorite game? Series count as on game. Why did you start to play it and why did you like it so much?

Well, my favorite game is the halo series. I would say the Halo and Halo Reach were the best because of the gameplay and story. The story line on halo 2 and halo 3 were not near as good. Halo 2's gameplay was not that fun. I think that the brutes really ruined halo 3 and 4. They should have made a story off of more covenant rather than those brutes. Halo 4 was pretty good but it got really hard on Legendary. the Forerunners got harder and harder throughout the game.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The Uncharted series would be close to my favourite. Uncharted 2 is one of my all time favourite games at least.

I can't narrow it down to just one!

Journey is also a game I would consider one of the best I've ever played. Also the Pokemon series. Even if they are repetitive I think they are still great games.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Borderlands. It's the only game I can consistently play over and over and never get tired of it. I love the classes, the skill trees...there is just so many different ways to take a character.

Jim_Raynor

Registered Member
The Uncharted series would be close to my favourite. Uncharted 2 is one of my all time favourite games at least.

I can't narrow it down to just one!

Journey is also a game I would consider one of the best I've ever played. Also the Pokemon series. Even if they are repetitive I think they are still great games.
What kind of game is Uncharted? It kinda sounds like it is a game doing with the ocean or something like that. Whats the story line if there is one? What is the game for, computer, xbox, wii?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
My favorite game is Metroid Prime. It revolutionized the Metroid series by turning a 2D sidescroller into a 3D first-person adventure while still keeping most of the things that made Metroid what it was.

The graphics, environments, and soundtrack were fantastic and really added to the atmosphere. The controls were flawless. The puzzles and bosses and level design and everything were really well thought out. The story elements were minimal, which really worked in the game's favor. It was really a perfect singleplayer game.

Then there's the whole speedrunning and sequence breaking element of the game, which added tons of replay value.

Well, my favorite game is the halo series. I would say the Halo and Halo Reach were the best because of the gameplay and story. The story line on halo 2 and halo 3 were not near as good. Halo 2's gameplay was not that fun. I think that the brutes really ruined halo 3 and 4. They should have made a story off of more covenant rather than those brutes. Halo 4 was pretty good but it got really hard on Legendary. the Forerunners got harder and harder throughout the game.
I thought the stories in Halo 2 and 3 were great, actually. 3, Reach, and 4 probably had my favorite campaigns just for the gameplay though. Halo:CE was just too repetitive. Multiplayer is a different story though. 1, 2, and 3 were the best. Reach was garbage, and 4 is alright.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Best game ever? In my opinion, it's Batman: Arkham City. I never thought I'd play a game that I liked better than Uncharted 2, but I was proved wrong two years later. A great story, amazing characters and a lot of freedom. The game is a masterpiece.

What kind of game is Uncharted?
It's an action-adventure series that has a lot of similarities to Indiana Jones.

It's a PS3 exclusive.

Zenheizer

needs practice
I can't believe we aren't getting more nostalgic with Best Game EVER comments.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)
(my no brainer)

close call :
Super Mario World (Super Nintendo)
Half Life 2 (PC)

Jim_Raynor

Registered Member
My favorite game is Metroid Prime. It revolutionized the Metroid series by turning a 2D sidescroller into a 3D first-person adventure while still keeping most of the things that made Metroid what it was.

The graphics, environments, and soundtrack were fantastic and really added to the atmosphere. The controls were flawless. The puzzles and bosses and level design and everything were really well thought out. The story elements were minimal, which really worked in the game's favor. It was really a perfect singleplayer game.

Then there's the whole speedrunning and sequence breaking element of the game, which added tons of replay value.

I thought the stories in Halo 2 and 3 were great, actually. 3, Reach, and 4 probably had my favorite campaigns just for the gameplay though. Halo:CE was just too repetitive. Multiplayer is a different story though. 1, 2, and 3 were the best. Reach was garbage, and 4 is alright.
I would agree with on how good Metroid prime but i just don't think that it is better than the halo series, but it is pretty close. I have only ever played Metroid Prime, and that game was really good in my mind too. That game is so addicting.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
What kind of game is Uncharted? It kinda sounds like it is a game doing with the ocean or something like that. Whats the story line if there is one? What is the game for, computer, xbox, wii?
PS3/Vita exclusive franchise. It's an action/adventure series. Sort of Tomb Raider style vibe. Exploring for lost treasure type of thing. Amazing games.

Oh whoops I just noticed Kons answered you as well.

I would also add Portal 2 to the list. Portal 1 was amazing, but 2 is certainly one of the best games I've ever played.