• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What Is Respect??

Dabs

Registered Member
Respect, what is it??
Some think of it as a title that falls upon them due to certain positions in life.
Some get it but through projecting fear on to others.
Respect is earned and also hard to learn from.

What are your thoughts about what respect is??

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
To me respect means to be recognized for the person or ideals you are or have.

Respect to me is something always given, even before knowing a person, but can be taken away easily. So you do not "earn" respect but must work to keep it.

trixiechi

Registered Member
I think respect is (or should be) the bottom line basic way of treating others. It has a lot to do with the golden rule of treating others the way you would like to be treated. Holding the door open for a stranger, letting someone cut in line in front of you, having good manners etc. Remembering that everyone else has feelings and we all as human beings (and animals) inherently deserve to be treated with a certain minimum of respect, regardless of who they are.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
It depends what setting you are referring to. Work? Personal relationships? Etc.
I think respecting someone is being sensitive and understanding to their needs. If you know someone "ticks" a certain way and needs certain things, respect would be accommodating those things. So in a way accepting a person for who they are?

/Freud

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Respect: Something you'll never get. :lol:

Respect is mutual praise given and earned between two people.

Bliss

Sally Twit
To me it's just like what my teachers in school used to say; treat others as you'd expect to be treated yourself.

If you're negative to someone then that can be seen as disrespectful. Obviously it depends entirely on the situation.

Giving up your seat on the bus for an elderly person is respectful. Saying thank you is respectful, etc.

shelgarr

Registered Member
It's when I believe and trust in the ability of another and that their judgement will produce a positive outcome. I like when people see me that way.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Respect is what I give anyone, even people I dont know yet... until they dont give it to me! If someone wont give me respect then I def wont give it to them.