What is Love?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Corona, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Corona

Corona Registered Member

The title says it all, what you you think love is?

No dictionary definitions.

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Nature's way of tricking people into reproducing.

3. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

A chemical reaction in the brain. I watched a whole special on love and how it works in our brains, but that's all I could remember.

4. tipsycatlover

tipsycatlover Registered Member

Although I have not seen that special, my research indicated that the feelings of love are closely tied to the olafactory nerves. Love depends on your sense of smell, same as many other animals.

5. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

That's an interesting batch of research you've done. I wasn't aware that animals could love each other, nor was I aware that love and the sense of smell were mutually inclusive.

Hoosier.

6. bluedog

bluedog Guest

Love has been defined by many great artists of history, but none have had the ability to put into articulation the cognation that is "LOVE" actual. What would make some "think" that anyone on a public forum would be better than the greats? In reality there are no defining characteristics of love.....love is relative to the one that projects or receives such. Love can be defined in "emotional" terms with outward signs thereof. Love can be defined in "physicial" terms with obvious outward signs thereof. But the one LOVE that transcends all others is that of the "spiritual" touching of another.....the finding of a "true" soul mate that one can understand without words spoken but by words lived in "respect" to that "LOVE".

And I dedicate these thoughts to my "SOUL MATE"....the one that has stood by my side....not in front of me nor behind...but by my "side", when others have thought my lifeworks "useless" and transparent. She has "lived" her love toward me, I can only hope that I can find the courage to make "recompense" to those actions thoughout my life. "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DEAR" BD

7. tipsycatlover

tipsycatlover Registered Member

Animals identify one another, friend, foe, possible mate by scent. Whether animals have the same concept of love as we do, who knows. I doubt if our concept of romantic love applies. They certainly choose mates, sometimes for life based largely on how they smell.. Like it or not, who we choose to love depends on our sense of smell. Pheromones. I know you've heard of them.

8. Omega

Omega Ω

Next time you make a topic check at least the second page before you make a topic with the same god damn name

What is love

Thanks

9. bluedog

bluedog Guest

That would be confusing "physical" love with spiritual love....there is a difference just has with "emotional" love....or love due to feeling sorrowful toward another living creature.....and "smell" comes into play in neither of the two....like I said Love is relative...to those that define it. BD

10. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

So, say someone with chronic ethmoiditis would be incapable of love?

Hoosier.