What is Life?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Greywolf, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Greywolf

Greywolf Registered Member

This is greywolf saying, that lately I've been thinking.... what is Life? I honestly think that it is us pushing ourselves to be able to accomplish our goals and dreams, and that we also do much to try to make a name for ourselves, only to find that we died and lived good lives, which leads me to think, that why do we do the things we think is right while ignoring every living thought and opinion of the world in which we coexist. And when we look back at it, it's too late to even change? That is what I think of life... partially...

What are your opinions of life?

2. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

i believe God puts us on this earth to worship him and bring glory to his name.

Boredie likes this.
  3. Greywolf

I agree... (I'm Christian, but I like to think differently rarely once in awhile...)

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Oh great...:rolleyes: :)

Life is eating/pooping (you laughed. admit it), sleeping, having your lungs send oxygen to your body and getting rid of CO2, having your heart send blood to your body, and reproducing. Everything else is fancy and extra that makes life fun.

Matriqulated likes this.
  5. bball4life

what do u mean by that?

lol ok i admit it, i laughed

6. Greywolf

I mean that I like to think differently... Sometimes I try to find meanings that for me, sometimes have no answer.... I trust God in finding those answers, ut in the meantime, I just find a thesis statement I'm comfortable with and go with it.

7. bball4life

personally im not much of a deep thinker, i wish i was though...

8. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

At first I thought life was defined by the electrical impulses created by the heart to make it constrict and circulate blood. Then I thought, hmm, hippies think that trees are alive because they grow. Same with insects.

So, I suppose that you can define life by something that grows and eventually ceases to exist. But unlike rocks and sh-t these things have the ability to circulate matter within themselves.

9. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

About sums it up, now I don't have to make an actual posts. :D
    ------
    About sums it up, now I don't have to make an actual post. :D
    ------
    ...oh, well, stupid internet browser glitched or something...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  10. Cheomesh

Cheomesh Registered Member

Life in the biological sense is defined as: a condition that distinguishes organisms from non-living objects, such as non-life, and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism and reproduction.

Life in the philosophical sense is best left to the ages (i.e. "we will never know") and individual.