What is it about the internet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What is it about the internet that makes even the most boring conversations fun?

Seriously, stuff like "What did you eat today" or "What is your favorite color" etc.

Some of the stuff talked about online would be so boring if it were an actual conversation with somebody in real life... unless that person was Jerry Seinfeld. Am I right?

It just seems that talking about random things is more fun online than in real life. Maybe it's just me but I'm sure I'm not the only one to think this.

2. Minimint1

Minimint1 Registered Member

It's because there is so many people and you can see many different veiws. Also if your talkngi about just a 1 on 1 convo I think it comes down to the fact that you don't know them in real life and it's always interesting to meet new people.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

So true. It's easier to do "small talk" on the net than face to face or even over the phone. I don't know why. Maybe it's being "faceless" or detached allows you to enjoy more things and lose certain inhibitions.

4. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I think the fun of it is the actual act of chatting. So you enjoy the small talk just as much as anything else. And with online chat a conversation about what you ate today can quickly become something completely different.

5. juha82

juha82 Registered Member

In my mind no problem at all of those questions(like what's your fav colour?).
    What more of questions, it's always better for this site.

6. Minimint1

Minimint1 Registered Member

Sorry, but what the hell did you just say?

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Massive audience + anonymity.

But that's just my guess.

8. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

The wonderful cloak of anonymity. It's the internet and since we're under screen names, we don't have to feel bad about asking or talking about stupid things like that. When you do ask you get answers so. We have really nto seen a reason not to.

9. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I just like the randomness. I know there will always be something new to respond to and lots of new answers to read.

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Maybe because on the internet if you say something really dumb or bizarre no one will know who you are and hold it against you.