What is a soul

Daemonic

Registered Member
Another topic made me curious to know what different people consider a "soul" to be. Since I don't like to go into very much detail of my beliefs I will give a simplified answer of my view.

From my perspective the soul is one of many possible subtle bodies and the deepest level of conscious spiritual energy. Not the physical consciousness, but spiritual consciousness.

Anyway, I would love to hear what others think the soul is.

Last edited:

Zappa

Registered Member
Personally, I would say the rational element of a human.

I think people use it in different ways though. I've seen it used in speech as the animating force of a living thing, or in other words, that which makes a living thing live. Also seen it used as the "spirit" of a thing, making a distinction between the physical side of some living thing and the spiritual side.

quantumechanic

Registered Member
Yet another cooked-up fantasy intended for people who find it difficult to come to terms with the fact that their lives have no deeper meaning or purpose than the propagation of the evolutionary process which brought them about.

Last edited:

Daemonic

Registered Member
Personally, I would say the rational element of a human.

I think people use it in different ways though. I've seen it used in speech as the animating force of a living thing, or in other words, that which makes a living thing live. Also seen it used as the "spirit" of a thing, making a distinction between the physical side of some living thing and the spiritual side.
Interesting, just wanted to add that by saying I view it as spiritual conscious and not physical I didn't mean it is the spirit. Not saying you implied that for me but wanted to clarify that I view it as a deeper part a persons spirit.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Our soul is nothing but energy and possibly temporary memory such as ram on a computer. Our soul uses our bodies as a vessel and when we die our soul or energy gets released. That's my opinion.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
I would say a soul is the final product of that human being, the collection of life itself as it aged through it's years, however long it was. Being it young or old, I feel like it's memories gathered from it's time as a living being and it's final release is the person itself in one spiritual essence.

~Shwa