• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Miscellaneous What instruments do you play?

dDave

V.I.P.
I’m sure we have some musicians out there. What do you guys play? If you own the instrument, tell us about it.

Piano - I have a Nord Piano 3. I do a lot of gigs around the city so it’s nice to have a durable high quality instrument I can bring places with little trouble. This is my primary instrument. Paired with a pair of Presonus Eris E8 monitors. Totally amazing sound.

Guitar - I recently picked up a Breedlove acoustic guitar w/ a hard case. It’s a cedar/mahogany mix which puts out fantastic tone. I’m not great at guitar but I am wanting to learn.

Percussion - I don’t do a full drum kit but I will play stuff like cajon or djembe from time to time. I have a Remo djembe and a Meinl Cajon.

I also sing. Used to sing competitively in high school.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I play guitar and some bass. I used to be in a band back in college. I don’t play much anymore, but I still enjoy it.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Piano - but more for vocal teaching than piano performance. Had fun watching Steves' piano lesson on FB last week on improv on blues scale in the key of C.

Violin - started learning during confinement

Drums - inspired to take lessons after hearing the song Lump. When I can finally play that drum part, I stopped. Lessons were still useful for reading rhythm when singing or playing other instruments.

Glockenspiel - played in school band when I was young, played it at church and will play it next week at a virtual orchestra jam. :p

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I mess around with a guitar and sing terribly. I'm by no means a musician. I did take a few tests that show I have awesome pitch. 100% correct on three different pitch tests. I just never learned how to tune my ear to notes.

dDave

V.I.P.
I mess around with a guitar and sing terribly. I'm by no means a musician. I did take a few tests that show I have awesome pitch. 100% correct on three different pitch tests. I just never learned how to tune my ear to notes.
Never too late to start doing music. You should look into options to learn!

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I tried playing the harmonica years ago. I wasn't very good at it, and I never stuck with it.