What if?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

We sort of touch on this subject when we had the debate about if Undertaker should have his streak broken at Wrestlemania.

But I wanted to know what you guys thought about this. What would be your thoughts if Shawn Michaels defeats Undertaker at Wrestlemania 25?

Personally I think it would be very stupid if HBK won, I think the streak is very special, but it should be broken, but not someone that is established like Shawn Michaels. It should be broken by an upcoming star that the WWE believes will carry the business for a lot of years.

Thoughts?

2. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Even though I still think he's overrated as a wrestler and that he isn't the greatest World Champion of all time, the only wrestler who should be refered to as Mr. Wrestlemania would be one Hulk Hogan because simply put he made Wrestlemania what it is.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I think Shawn Michaels has every right to be called Mr. Wrestlemania. I mean, Hulk Hogan's last wrestlemania before leaving for WCW was Wrestlemania IX. Taking the next few years as an example: Wrestlemania X - Ladder match against Razor Ramon, XI - Headlined WM in a match against Diesel for the WWE Championship XII -Headlined WM in an Iron man match against Bret Hart. I mean 2 of those matches are often considered 2 of the greatest matches of all time.

As for Michaels ending Undertaker's streak, i think it'd be a terrible idea. It doesn't really accomplish anything for me, and it's a waste of what could be a huge push for an up and coming superstar. The person who beats the Undertaker should be someone young, someone who can try and fill the void once the Undertaker is gone. If they do it, it'll just seem like an homage to Shawn Michaels' services over the years, at the expense of the Undertakers. Which wouldn't be right.

4. DJ_Buster

DJ_Buster Registered Member

Really I don't think his streak should be broken. He has never had a lengthy title reign. If his streak is broken what will be his mark left on the
    WWE other than the eerie music?

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I'd say being referred to as the greatest "big man" in the history of wrestling might be a start.

But if the streak is broken by Michaels I'll be pissed in a major way. Nothing against Shawn because I think he's awesome but he doesnt need this rub. He retired Flair already...this would be too much and a waste of time.

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

The streak is still going? Damn. I keep trying to get back into wrestling, but I'm so far out of the loop that I usually wander off during a commercial break.