What if..

P

profe

What if this would've happened in 2000, ( dont know if this is an old topic here, but this is always intressing)
"free agents Grant Hill, Tim Duncan and Tracy McGrady may join Orlando Magic, creating powerhouse to rival Los Angeles Lakers"
as you all know timmy turned that one down and stayed in SA.
What would that trio been like? yeah, hill most likely would still suffered a career demolishing injury.
But woul t-mac developed the same way he did, would tim and tracy have formed a dominating duo. Magic even for a dynasty?
Why didnt they just pull the trigger..

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They didn't pull the trigger because Timmy had really no intentions leaving the Spurs he was just curious about the market around the NBA, I had no doubt that he was going to stay in San Antonio. It's the same if Tracy would of stayed in Toronto imagine how big that duo would be....we would of won a few titles that's for sure...we would of just needed a proven center.

P

profe

yeah, but I was thinking, what if timmy would've changed his mind. And toronto has a nasty history of losing great players, I wish you guys hold on to Bosh. And yeah, it would've been great to see VC and t-mac together for few more years.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If Timmy would of changed is mind then first off that would be a sick team, even sicker if Grant Hill stayed healthy, they would of won the NBA championship no doubt about that, and would make them a team to reckon with for years. Also I think they could play together because their very good friends.

I also want Bosh to resign with the Raptors.

Also I agree T-Mac and a healthy Vince Carter would be sick.

T

the.game

Orlando has a shot of making v2 of that dream become reality next season with LeBron James. Like Duncan and Grant Hill, LeBron and Dwight are proven and like McGrady, Darko still needs to develop although he's shown he's capable of being much better than most people thought he could be. It's a very long shot but LeBron James has a habit of surprising people. :D

Orlando with a healthy Hill, McGrady and Duncan probably would have ensured Kobe Bryant would have either zero or one ring right now and a Orlando/Lakers rivalry would have been one of the NBA's greatest ever.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh for sure if LeBron goes to Orlando, their going to have a sick team, and I believe right now that they have a great future with players like Howard,Nelson, Ariza and Milicic I believe is the key guy, if he keeps playing and keeps practicing then he has a chance to be a good player, him and Howard playing together would be a good duo.