What if the South had won?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
You're kidding right? This is a British mockumentary view of the whole scenario. I'm assuming you meant for this to be a joke because there's no way this can be taken seriously.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
You're kidding right? This is a British mockumentary view of the whole scenario. I'm assuming you meant for this to be a joke because there's no way this can be taken seriously.
I didn't say it was a joke. This is no different then say if Nazi Germany won WW2. Or if the Brits had won the Revolutionary war. I would hardly call it a mockery. That's why its called an alternate history.

This video is just the authors opinion on the matter. You can agree or disagree with it, that's not the point. For the sake of argument give your views on what America would be like if the South had won. If you believe the video is wrong in their depiction of an alternate history explain why.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm going to admit I cant watch videos on this computer (no soundcard) so I didnt watch it. However I do believe that this is a relevant thread, mockery or not, if we can have the "What if the Nazi's Won" why cant we have a "What if the South had won" thread?

I'm definitely not an expert on Confederate history, but I do know that there was a huge emphasis on Agriculture in the South. So I'd like to believe had the South won our Economy would be vastly different. With a huge focus on Agri-Business it might be safe to say we'd probably have a more secure economy. Maybe not as successful and progressed with the Technology boom, but we would have a much stronger Agricultural Base to work from.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Goat,

Since you can't see it, the video is just one big slavery idea. The video should be called, "What if slavery survived?" rather than "what if the south had won" since it barely focuses on anything else.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
hahaha nice. That is one of the things I generally hate about some historian videos... they seem to focus on thinking Slavery was the reason we had the Civil War. So many different factors than just Slavery, and it doesnt take a genius to understand that.

I can see the videos... I usually just dont watch them when I'm at work, without a sound card they are generally useless.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Goat,

Since you can't see it, the video is just one big slavery idea. The video should be called, "What if slavery survived?" rather than "what if the south had won" since it barely focuses on anything else.
I watched the whole documentary and slavery was only a portion of it. The trailer seems to really focus on one idea.

padd

Registered Member
HAHAHAHAHAHA to bad the north won lmao. I always thought that if the CSA won your country would be split into two. the CSA & the USA.

DMAC

Registered Member
If the south would have won I wouldn't have to explain every day that my rebel flag hanging off my front porch doesn't stand have anything to do with hate for any race.