NES What if Nintendo...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, Sep 28, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Sort of a weird thing to contemplate, but without a few key games on the NES such as Super Mario Bros (the whole series) or The Legend Of Zelda where would Nintendo be today? Would they be around? If so how much different would they be?

I think that without the Super Mario Bros series and LoZ to support them in the beginning then Nintendo would have failed miserably and we would likely not have them today.

I can imagine Nintendo without Mario, it's not a pretty picture.

What do you think would have happened to Nintendo if not for a few key games on NES? (name the games that you would consider to be key games)

2. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

They would have probably had other landmark games and characters, its just a matter of what would or could it have been instead of Mario and Zelda

3. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Final Fantasy started on nintendo didn't it?

4. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i believe it did Atreyu. so did DK, Catlevania and Metroid if i'm correct.

5. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

Yeah the first Final Fantasy was on the NES.

They'd still be around for sure, mascot can't be that huge of a factor in sales.
    Back in the day you could have a Nintendo or Sega, that was pretty much it.

Hell Sega's still in the game, they just stopped making consoles.
    Nintendo has always been pretty good at promotion, I'd think Kirby would wind up being their mascot.

6. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Kirby was late in the NES years, DK would've been best bet for a mascot had mario or link not come to be

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

But how could DK exist without mario? Mario was in the first DK game.

8. CyborgM

CyborgM Registered Member

They would be still here.Sony coudln't do a shit without Nintnwedo and Sega ah.. well sega would survive too.

9. Saucepan

Saucepan Registered Member

Dragon Quest first appeared on the NES. To be honest if the Famicom and NES hadn't sold well the entire video game industry would be totally different, if it had survived. Lets face it without the Nintendo-Sega console wars they wouldn't have been nearly half as much innovation in video games.

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Nintendo would most likely still be around today. Different games would have taken the place of Mario and Zelda.