What if Mirage Of Nightmare were still here?

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by lavoidgaskins, Sep 21, 2006.

1. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

Draw at your own risk.

With MST restricted to one and cards like Emergency Provisions getting more play do to OTK's one can't help but wonder how the game would do with this around.

With out Pot in the game any more it would more then likely be a risky move to draw power. I realize every one would use it, but how drastic do you think it would effect things?

2. Scyanyde666

Scyanyde666 Guest

LOL...Dark World FTW...though it's a very risky draw card to play...it's still broken draw power and deck thinning when compared to other draw cards such as Upstart goblin and reckless Greed...despite the obvious DW abuse by discarding up to 4 DW monsters (and if any ov them are Broww's you're actually gaining at least a +1 out ov the ordeal...with Provisions back to 3 (in which case it getting rested to 2 was BECAUSE ov MoN!) Mirage will just be as broken as it was prior to getting banned last year...

Though it would make the meta interesting, but increasing the strength ov OTK's...

3. Kos4Evr

Kos4Evr Registered Member

I agree with Scyanyde, if Mirage of Nightmare wasn't broken enough, with the arrival of Dark World it certainly got a lot worse. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers Emergency Provisions getting restricted due to its ability to combo with Mirage of Nightmare. All in all it was abused before and its even more abusable now.

4. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

I'm not even sure if you can get the effects of Dark World(DW) Monsters off with Mirage Of Nightmare. If you can how ever then I hope it never comes back. That or some changes would need to be made to the DW family in order to keep a balance.

5. Kos4Evr

The discard of Mirage of Nightmare is an effect, not a cost. That means it activates DW monsters send to grave effects.

6. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

if MoN returned they would have to restrict some of the DW cards otherwise it'll be bad for the meta.

7. Kos4Evr

I'd like to see Mirage of Nightmare unrestricted for just a little while without touching the DW monsters. DW would become feared and for good reason. Another card that would be brutal with DW yet is also banned is Exchange of Spirit. That used in conjunction with Mirage of Nightmare in DW would be very evil without requiring a 1 turn win condition.

8. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

DW would be brutal if brought back with an unrestriction on DW. DW would be worse than the old Chaos in that situation. I think putting some of the DW cards to 2 and unbanning MoN would be fair.