Game Cube What I Hate About Zelda Windwaker.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, May 26, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Recently it's been brought up that I don't Like Zelda wind waker, I am not jsut senselessly disliking a Zelda game though, I love the Zelda series so here goes, some of my top reasons why I hate wind waker.

1. The graphics (It just really annoyed me that something that looked like this could pass off as a Zelda game)

2. Sailing for hours (you had to wait a long time before you could get to the point where you could warp)

3. You get rupees for everything (can't they be slightly difficult to collect please?)

4. You can collect treasure from the sea floor (honestly the grappling hook could never reach to the real ocean floor)

5. Your boat talks to you (it's just retarded)

6. The enemies look really dumb.

7. You have to fight ganons puppets

8. Ganon is about 10 times your size and can't kill you (that is so messed up)

9. Hyrule is covered in water

10. Enemies don't notice you hiding under barrels

11. The dungeons just got really stupid (I mean really stupid)

12. There were way too many side quests built into the game

13. Princess Zelda is a pirate

Those are just a few of the many reasons. if i play the game I'll remember other things that really annoyed me.

Does anyone else hate wind waker?

Hi_Im_Tim likes this.

2. Hi_Im_Tim

Hi_Im_Tim I am Heavy Weapons Guy

What I love about Zelda WindWaker.

Recently it's been brought up that I Like Zelda wind waker(in this post), I am not jsut senselessly liking a Zelda game though, I love the Zelda series so here goes, some of my top reasons why I love wind waker.

1. The graphics (These are my favorite graphics of any Zelda game)

2. Sailing(you can warp plus I like stopping at all of the islands on the way)

3. Rubys are easy to get in any Zelda game except for the first 2.

4. You can collect treasure from the sea floor (I like the whole treasure chart aspect of the game)

5. Your boat talks to you (I like talking boats)

6. The enemies look sweet

7. You have to fight ganons puppets (I like fighting huge monsters)

8. Ganon is about 10 times your size and can't kill you (Bosses are like this in every Zelda game)

9. Hyrule is covered in water (I love this part of the game)

10. Enemies don't notice you hiding under barrels (think of how in Ocarina of Time the Castle guards cannot catch a kid)

11. The dungeons just got really sweet (I mean really sweet)

12. There were way so many side quests built into the game and I love side quests

13. Princess Zelda is a pirate (I thought it was funny):D

Those are the reasons I love wind waker, I'm sure I could think of more if I played the game for a while right now.

Does anyone else love windwaker?

ExpectantlyIronic likes this.
  3. padd

padd Registered Member

i played this game once, when I was 14 and it put me to sleep. (2003) and i never touched it again. i dont get it, why did link spend his time on the ocean.. they shouldve named the game "Zelda: And the pirates of the Carribean"

4. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Wind Waker was not my favorite Zelda game, but I think a lot of your points are silly, honestly.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I loved Wind Waker. I thought it was a great style for a Zelda game. I wish they would have keep the look and feel for future Zelda games too.

6. padd

padd Registered Member

I alwas wanted to play a z game with as great effects as a final fantasy game.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, I agree.

It's not my favorite game, but some of those "points" are goofy. First of all, not only did you not mask spoilers, but you honestly critiqued the amount of sidequests? I'm assuming you're not an RPG fan or else you'd be more than happy that there's extra value to the game. The enemies look dumb? All the enemies look dumb, man.

:D

8. padd

padd Registered Member

I think he meant they looked dumb because it looked like they came out of a looney tunes episode.. true :nod:

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well I think the game is old enough that spoiler tags aren't really necessary.

10. viLky

viLky ykLiv

The sailing took forever. If you're trying to get to point B from point A it seemed like hours getting there. It's the only real downside I see to the game. Wait... there is also the part where some "flamboyant" elf tells you to buy a GameBoy Advance to get some extras in the game. That pissed me off. Stupid Nintendo. =P

Other than that, it was a great game. An unique idea and glad they did it.