• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What historical figure would you want to meet?

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
It would be interesting to talk to Martin Luther King Jr about the current race relations in this country.

A lot of people have used his words and twisted them to mean something different. He wanted his kids to live in a country where no people were judged by the color of their skin but the content of their character. I don't think he would agree policies like affirmative action. In today's world, people sometimes get jobs simply because they are a minority because they had to meet a quota for "diversity." If there is a white person that is more qualified and better experienced, they a lot of times still hire the minority to meet the quota. That was certainly not MLK's dream.

Would also be interesting to discuss a wide range of other issues with him.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think that MLK would be an amazing person to have a conversation with. I want to ask him about reverse racism, the racism against Arabs post-911, and gay marriage.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Mine may not as be historically solid as some but these are people I would like to meet and sit down to have a conversation with mainly about film:

Wes Craven
Quentin Tarrentino
Kevin Smith
Steven Spielburg
Mark Kermode
Danny Boyle

All of the above have had a profound affect on me not only as a cinema goer but as a writer and I would love to discuss the art of cinema.

Bliss

Sally Twit
It would be pretty amazing to have been able to meet Walt Disney. He must have had a wonderful imagination and I would have heaps of questions for him.
He has brought me much happiness over the years and I'd love to shake his hand.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'd give the rest of my life to hear from Nikola Tesla. I want to hear his theories without history getting in the way. I want to know what he's actually accomplished and what he wanted to accomplish. He had amazing ideas on wireless power transmission and free power for everyone.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is it weird to pick Joseph Stalin? I dunno why but I was always interested in him and reading about him. Anybody who's famous quote is this, is someone interesting to talk too...

"When you kill one, it is a tragedy. When you kill ten million, it is a statistic."

He was insane for sure haha

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
I would like to meet George Gershwin. I would like to complement him on how his genius in creating symphonic jazz influenced the whole world, especially in movies and television.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I would go with Jesus Christ, I would love to sit down and talk to him about his life leading up to the crucifixion.
^This. Definitely would love to sit and talk with Jesus or any of the disciples or biblical figures - Moses, David, Daniel. I'm not picky. :lol:

Other than biblical figures, I wouldn't mind meeting ancient explorers (that's about as close as I can get to founding fathers). Figures like Jan van Riebeeck, Vasco da Gama, etc. I would imagine they would have some insane travel stories they could tell with sea monsters and ghost ships the works. :nod: