• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What historical figure would you want to meet?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
What historical figure would you want to meet, and why? You don't have to pick just one, or even one era, but I would like to get some discussion going on the matter.

I would love to sit down and have a conversation with any of the founding fathers. I want to know what they think about modern technology, how to deal with it in their vision for America, and how they would change our modern system.

I would want to meet Yeshua ben-Yioussouf. That's about as close to his true name as we can discern. I want to see what he thinks of the state of Christianity and religion in modern times.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Good thread, this is always an interesting discussion to have.

My answer is usually the philosophers of ancient Greece. They pioneered a lot of the ways of thinking that really shaped Western society (and even the way the founding fathers looked at the world). Lengthy, deep discussions with figures such as this would be an experience to remember.

Reactions: Doc

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If I could retain the knowledge that I have of the past I would like to meet Abraham Lincoln and warn him he is going to be shot. The same for Jesse James and President Kennedy.

I would like to meet some of the Pharaohs like Ramesses II, Akhenaten or the builder of the great pyramid of Giza Khufu. Would like to know first hand how they did it.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm not sure I would want to meet the super famous historical figures. I think I would go for my own ancestors over that. I do have a couple of ancestors that are famous though, and they would be on the list: Kit Carson, and Bonnie Parker.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
Hard to narrow it down to just a few people.

In the end it would be a large number of philosophers and people that had positions of leadership during wars and battles. Being able to get a grasp on their insight and the things that made them successful first hand would be an amazing learning experience.

Ugh I really couldn't limit it to one person. Maybe, Siddhartha Gautama, maybe... Or really anyone that got a heavy foundation laid with a religion of some sort.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Another great religious figure I'd like to speak with, if he existed, was Abraham. He has a large role in Judiasn, Christianity, and Islam and his insight would be valuable to any modern person.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
My top choice would probably be John Muir, the naturalist who helped preserve a lot of the wilderness in the United States. It would be really awesome to spend some time in the outdoors with him, talk to him about the current state of the environment, and just draw inspiration from him.

Reactions: Doc

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I would go with Jesus Christ, I would love to sit down and talk to him about his life leading up to the crucifixion. I would love to talk to George Washington and get a feel for what was going through his mind during the Revolutionary War and being the first president. I would love to talk to Dr. Martin Luther King about the civil rights act. Socrates, Aristotle and Plato come to mind as well.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Probably just because I've been reading a little about the pair lately, but I'd really like to sit down with Lewis and Clark. The expedition just seems so thrilling and demanding.

dDave

V.I.P.
Me? I'd want to meet Jesus, just think about how awesome that would be. (any major Biblical figure would be great really)

Any of the founding fathers would be incredible as well. I think there a lot of dissension in America because there's debate over what the founding fathers meant for America to be. I think thy would have a huge problem with the direction that America has taken, it would be very interesting to meet someone with the original vision for America.