• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What happens if a hobo gets prego? not the sauce....

Raos

Registered Member
And I'm thinking the only people who want to "have sex with"..or "rape" a female hobo, would be a male hobo.
I can't see a regular decent guy going up to a hobo lady and wanting to screw her...but then, weirder things have happened.
I am sorry, but this is a very closed minded response and reeks of judging a book by its cover. I have met numerous homeless people who you would never realize they were homeless if they did not tell you. Some of them do find ways of keeping clean and looking and smelling presentable.

And your comment about someone not wanting to rape a female hobo...rape is about power, not sex. 90 year old women have been raped. 2 year old girls have been raped. Why do you think a hobo would be exempt?

Dabs

Registered Member
I am sorry, but this is a very closed minded response and reeks of judging a book by its cover. I have met numerous homeless people who you would never realize they were homeless if they did not tell you. Some of them do find ways of keeping clean and looking and smelling presentable.

And your comment about someone not wanting to rape a female hobo...rape is about power, not sex. 90 year old women have been raped. 2 year old girls have been raped. Why do you think a hobo would be exempt?

Ok, I apologize.....rape was not the word I should have used.
Most hobos I am thinking of however...are homeless....and homeless people do not look the most presentable....not being able to bathe, comb their hair, etc.
I have not met many homeless people, I have seen many sitting alongside the interstates asking for handouts.....and I have seen a few stray into the gas stations nearby (I live near an interstate) and they are quickly shooed back out.
So none of the few hobos I have seen, are very clean and decent looking, I guess it's just my area where I live.
I knew after I posted, I should not have used the word rape.....so again, I apologize for that, but still......I can't think of many people who would just up and decide to have sex with a homeless person.
You have to meet somebody somewhere first, to even strike up a conversation to have sex!
Where you gonna meet a hobo??
You getting gas in your vehicle......you see an attractive hobo..and ask her out for a quickie??
I don't see stuff like that happening.
In my area of the world, I have never even heard of a homeless woman giving birth......unless they keep it under tight secret.

Raos

Registered Member
Most hobos I am thinking of however...are homeless....and homeless people do not look the most presentable....not being able to bathe, comb their hair, etc.
I have not met many homeless people, I have seen many sitting alongside the interstates asking for handouts.....and I have seen a few stray into the gas stations nearby (I live near an interstate) and they are quickly shooed back out.
So none of the few hobos I have seen, are very clean and decent looking, I guess it's just my area where I live.
I knew after I posted, I should not have used the word rape.....so again, I apologize for that, but still......I can't think of many people who would just up and decide to have sex with a homeless person.
You have to meet somebody somewhere first, to even strike up a conversation to have sex!
Where you gonna meet a hobo??
You getting gas in your vehicle......you see an attractive hobo..and ask her out for a quickie??
I don't see stuff like that happening.
In my area of the world, I have never even heard of a homeless woman giving birth......unless they keep it under tight secret.
You are seriously judging a book by its cover. How do you know that some of the people you have met are not homeless? Do you ask each and every person you meet if they are homeless or are you basing it solely on what they look and smell like? A homeless person can be clean and well groomed. granted, many are not, but assuming they all look and smell the same is as bad as thinking all Jews are rich or all African Americans like watermelon.

Those homeless people you see alongside the interstate, how do you know they are homeless? Time and time again there are news reports of how many of those panhandlers are not homeless at all. they drive to their spot on the interstate in their nice new cars and park a few blocks away then go to "work" panhandling making some quick easy money. Just because you see someone panhandling does not mean they are homeless. Just because someone is unclean does not mean they do not have a home.

Where are you going to meet a hobo? Are you serious? Do you think they are segregated to one area of a town or location and there is this barrier they can not cross? Hell some even have jobs. You could meet one anywhere you meet other people. Yes they can even go to gas stations. They may not own a car, but they could have $1 to go buy a soda. You could meet one sitting on a park bench. You could meet one in the supermarket. You could meet one just walking down the street. you could meet one at a support group. You could meet one at church or temple or in a mosque. You could meet one at the beach. The list is endless.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
You are seriously judging a book by its cover. How do you know that some of the people you have met are not homeless? Do you ask each and every person you meet if they are homeless or are you basing it solely on what they look and smell like? A homeless person can be clean and well groomed. granted, many are not, but assuming they all look and smell the same is as bad as thinking all Jews are rich or all African Americans like watermelon.

Those homeless people you see alongside the interstate, how do you know they are homeless? Time and time again there are news reports of how many of those panhandlers are not homeless at all. they drive to their spot on the interstate in their nice new cars and park a few blocks away then go to "work" panhandling making some quick easy money. Just because you see someone panhandling does not mean they are homeless. Just because someone is unclean does not mean they do not have a home.

Where are you going to meet a hobo? Are you serious? Do you think they are segregated to one area of a town or location and there is this barrier they can not cross? Hell some even have jobs. You could meet one anywhere you meet other people. Yes they can even go to gas stations. They may not own a car, but they could have $1 to go buy a soda. You could meet one sitting on a park bench. You could meet one in the supermarket. You could meet one just walking down the street. you could meet one at a support group. You could meet one at church or temple or in a mosque. You could meet one at the beach. The list is endless.
My thoughts exactly. That's why I said "define hobo". I don't get the point of this thread.

Bananas

Endangered Species
A situation that is far to common are teenage girls who are kicked out of the house/castaway from the family for getting pregnant in the first place. We also all have to remember that we are all only a door away from homelessness ourselves, a sudden change of circumstances can happen to any of us.

...and judging by some of the comments its also worth reminding that homeless people are people too, they often have husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends, flings and other relationships just like every other person.

If its of any interest I found this US charity;
Mother's Refuge

Dabs

Registered Member
You are seriously judging a book by its cover. How do you know that some of the people you have met are not homeless?

I don't know if a person is homeless or not, and I try very hard to not judge people at all....by their cover or otherwise.
So maybe I worded this all wrong....it means something to me, but evidently it doesn't mean the same to you.
------
Those homeless people you see alongside the interstate, how do you know they are homeless?
I will tell you how I know the folks in MY area are homeless....because the local police did a search of the areas beside the interstate, underneath the overpass and such, and they found homes..literally make-shift homes, of where the homeless have been living.
They walk to a nearby gas station or restaurant, asking for food or money...and they just wander the streets.
At night, they would go back tho this make-shift "home" they had by the interstate.
It made out local newspaper..and it seems a lot of people were complaining because so many would sit at the road exits, the off ramps from the interstate, holding up signs asking for food or spare change.
The police finally had to tear down the make-shift home...and they reportedly had it under control, but still, at times, we see somebody sitting alongside the off-ramp.
Now this is just in MY area of the world, I have no clue what it's like elsewhere.
But I do know for a fact, the people I see who I believe to be homeless, are indeed, homeless.
------
You could meet one sitting on a park bench. You could meet one in the supermarket. You could meet one just walking down the street. you could meet one at a support group. You could meet one at church or temple or in a mosque. You could meet one at the beach. The list is endless.
I'm sure you are very correct.
I am not arguing, I am totally clueless when it comes to the homeless.

Last edited:

Raos

Registered Member
I will tell you how I know the folks in MY area are homeless....because the local police did a search of the areas beside the interstate, underneath the overpass and such, and they found homes..literally make-shift homes, of where the homeless have been living.
They walk to a nearby gas station or restaurant, asking for food or money...and they just wander the streets.
At night, they would go back tho this make-shift "home" they had by the interstate.
It made out local newspaper..and it seems a lot of people were complaining because so many would sit at the road exits, the off ramps from the interstate, holding up signs asking for food or spare change.
The police finally had to tear down the make-shift home...and they reportedly had it under control, but still, at times, we see somebody sitting alongside the off-ramp.
Now this is just in MY area of the world, I have no clue what it's like elsewhere.
But I do know for a fact, the people I see who I believe to be homeless, are indeed, homeless.
But again you are making assumptions that may not be true. I am not denying that some people who panhandle are homeless. I would be willing to be the majority of the people are homeless. BUT just because they panhandle does not automatically mean that they are homeless. And just because the police in your area found makeshift homes does not mean that every single person you see there uses them or is in fact homeless.