• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What Happens After Death?

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I'd like to believe that when I die I'll see loved ones of mine once again who have already passed away.

But do I think that will happen when I die?

I have no idea, to be honest.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'd like to believe that when I die I'll see loved ones of mine once again who have already passed away.

But do I think that will happen when I die?

I have no idea, to be honest.
You can know Mike. Take a look around the natural world. Obviously there is a creator who created this.

The Creator provided a path for you to live life eternally after this life. It's not a religion or rules, it's a relationship and it's very simple.

You've offended the Creator with your actions. You've lied, Dishonored your parents, stolen, committed murder and adultry in your heart.

It's just a matter of saying Jesus I'm sorry and turning away from those sins. Find a Bible and read it start with some books of the New Testament that talks about what Jesus has done.

I don't know you but the Bible says God wants to save everybody I want you to know that I'll pray that God reveals himself to you.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
To answer the OP: I believe that there is nothing after death. That is is exactly what you were before you were born: true nothing.

Konshentz

Konshentz
To answer the OP: I believe that there is nothing after death. That is is exactly what you were before you were born: true nothing.
I came in to post this. It's pretty bleak but that's definitely where I lean on this whole after death stuff.

Reactions: Doc

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
The idea of wanting to simply not exist and for their to be nothing after death is a little odd to me because, if that's what happens to you when you die, you never see your loved ones again.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe in life after death and nothing can change my mind about that after seeing a ghost.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
What is nothing?
When has nothing ever existed?
The system of everything is a closed one.
Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, it can only change form.
Energy is conserved, so, since there is now a whole lot of something, nothing could never have been.
The something that is you was something else before it was you and will be something else after. But the nature of what makes you you is also conserved because information is energy. There is "No Hiding" your true nature. The information that defined who and what you would become came from somewhere and is going somewhere. The information that codes for sentience can only have come from a sentient source. Or are you inclined to believe that countless consecutive astronomical long shot coincidences bore rise to you and our species over extreme time without any interference from the entropy that is so prominent in the Universe? Such precise sequential compound improbability. This alternative deity called "randomness" is quite skilled indeed, despite the fact that "he" has never been proven to exist either.
Are we all just the result of a "random" blip on the cosmic radar, or the thoughtful creation of a loving God? Which would you rather have faith in?
Oh, I know, it's the same old argument... Loving God? How can that be when there's so much crap in the world and awful things happening to good people? Well that all has to do with free will. We were given it, and told how to rightly wield it, but for it to exist at all we had to be permitted the option to ignore that advice. Without the capacity to choose, there is no capacity to love, and is not the capacity to love the greatest gift of all?

Oh, wait, sorry, I suppose I should be respectful of your beliefs and say instead of "love" something like "oxytocin". :) The Randomist world is that of chemicals and forces, not spirit and will, it is a world of blind luck and finality, not hope and the eternal. I do hope that you will reconsider your faith. Our God is a jealous god, which is why he regularly dispels Randomist beliefs. That which they see as useless, as "junk", as being without purpose, is often later found to be just the opposite. It's only a matter of time before all is revealed.

If you are willing to consider a Creator as being behind all of this, then do you really think he'd create something as perfect and as perfectly imperfect as you, only to turf you into the cosmic wastebasket? Not gonna happen.