What happened to the mic

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by padd, Nov 28, 2008.

1. padd

padd Registered Member

according to me the only good people on the mic are Edge and Jericho.. I guess you can add HBK in there to, but he's old.. lean on the undertaker but.. face it, as hard as it is for me to say, his gimmick is the same old deadman.

So, is it just me, or do alot of superstars maker the WWE look even faker? or maybe its just the fact that they make it as dramatic as a soap opera, and you'll never find a half decent soap actor. who knows

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think everyone pretty much knows that the WWE is scripted now, and the wrestlers are not afraid to admit it anymore.

I think the use of Microphone is a lost art these days, back in the day most of the wrestler were great on the microphone, you had your lousy ones obviously, but pretty much all good.

3. padd

padd Registered Member

how do we unscrpit the WWE.. im sure they know the ratings will go up, but face it. Mcmahon is making alota money and he doesn't need the ratings. If only there was another rival to the WWE maybe then they'd start putting effort into their shows.

Everybody! start watching TNA, so WWE can be better! lmao

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I think there are alot of solid guys out there but nothing outstanding. Orton is underrated, Cena is good, and guys like Miz and Morrison have potential. if Kennedy can stick around he'll be very good as well.

5. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Once CM Punk turns Heel you won't be leaving him off your lists. WWWE hasn't given him much of a chance :(

6. Millz

The problem is that its harder to get people to like wrestler then to hate them. So considering the fans love Punk so much it'll be hard to justify turning him heel right now.

Thats not saying I dont want to see it because I do

7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

It's hard to find good wrestlers that are good on the mic. You're asking for a lot if you do.

I agree that Edge and Y2J are probably the best on the mic, currently. I would've said Triple H, but he makes a mockery out of everything he says. Ugh.. >.<;

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

WWE will never be unscripted Padd, it's just the way it is.

Millz you mentioned that Orton is underrated? Personally I think he's average on the microphone, he makes a lot of mistakes, and sometimes I believe he has problems selling his stuff to the crowd. But he's still young, so he's only going to get better.

I find it funny that Atreyu is the only person here that has really seen CM Punk as a heel, and he keeps giving him props, and everytime he talks about it, I want to see him as a heel even more.

9. Millz

Orton's way of talking on the mic is different then most people because he's slow and deliberate on purpose and that adds something to his character. Sometimes he's firery and then sometimes he's monotone...I think its good but most people dont.

10. padd

padd Registered Member

I find it funny that Atreyu keeps bringing up heel Punk. You selfish selfish man, CM Punk is riding mometum as of the past few months, as a face. People love.. he loves it.. the company loves it! and he's gotten a shot because of it. Making him as a heel AT THE MOMENT will just push things back.