• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies What game would make the best movie?

dDave

V.I.P.
There are plenty of movies that they make games for but what if they started making a lot of movies from games? It's just a weird concept because usually they make a movie then a game.

Obviously for me the game that would make the best movie would be Perfect Dark for Nintendo 64 because the plot is really good and there would be a lot of action scenes with tons of aliens fighting and there would be a lot of good special effects just because of the way that the game is laid out.

When choosing your game that would make the best movie stay away from games that already have a movie such as, Goldeneye007, and Halo since they are making a movie.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The Legend of Zelda, in a Lord of the Rings style trilogy of movies.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was going to say Zelda as well. Certainly nothing Mario related.. the show was painful to watch.. I mean, just thinking about it... ughhh..

I also wouldn't mind seeing a Splinter Cell movie or Rainbow Six. Rainbow Six is a book though. (Maybe Splinter Cell is too but I never have seen it anywhere).

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I was going to say Zelda as well. Certainly nothing Mario related.. the show was painful to watch.. I mean, just thinking about it... ughhh..
There was a mario movie and it sucked big time. I'd like to see a Metal Gear Solid Movie but that probably wouldn't work either.

red_ranger

Registered Member
I would say, Final Fantasy 8, that will be great...squall together with cloud....Is it nice...?
Or Casltevania.....How's that????

Psyco

Food Whore
Goldeneye has been done, and it was done pretty well. (but then again, most of the bond films have been golden...)

Halo will be either really good or really bad, because Microsoft (in a sense) has the director by the balls. They've taken tight control on the movie, which could only lead to good or bad. We'll just have to see.

The problem with making movies about games is that they are going to be either too similar to the game's plot, follow the game somewhat then branch off (which will piss the game's fans off), or go to something completely random (as they did in Doom).

MegaMike

Registered Member
I believe Epic has plans to actually make a Gears of War movie. I really hope it comes true, it would be an excellent movie.

A Halo movie would be excellent, if they followed the plot of Halo 1, or some other part of the Halo universe where you don't have much backstory to worry about. Halo 2 and 3 wouldn't work for a one-off film. Neill Blomkamp does an amazing job intergrating live action and CG, and he has an excellent directing style. It seems increasingly unlikely we will see a Halo movie, but I hope we do someday. And I hope Blomkamp is the director.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Obviously for me the game that would make the best movie would be Perfect Dark for Nintendo 64 because the plot is really good and there would be a lot of action scenes with tons of aliens fighting and there would be a lot of good special effects just because of the way that the game is laid out.
Perfect Dark? Good plot? Seriously? I liked the game, but I thought the story was completely ridiculous. I've never liked Joanna Dark as the main character either.

Video games usually don't translate over to movies very well. I'd love to see a Zelda or Metroid movie, but I know they could never do it without making Link or Samus talk, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about that since they never talk in the games.

Maybe Prince of Persia. That series has a good storyline, good characters, and lots of action.