• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NES What Ever Happened to Your First NES

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
How do you lose an NES? Something that big is kinda hard to misplace. It's not like a set of keys where they could be hiding anywhere, like in a drawer under a bunch of stuff, or under the cushions on a couch. I guarantee this douchebag knows exactly where your NES is. He probably either sold it, broke it and didn't want you to know, or was just hiding it so he could keep it.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
How do you lose an NES? Something that big is kinda hard to misplace. It's not like a set of keys where they could be hiding anywhere, like in a drawer under a bunch of stuff, or under the cushions on a couch. I guarantee this douchebag knows exactly where your NES is. He probably either sold it, broke it and didn't want you to know, or was just hiding it so he could keep it.

I KNOW!!! I know about all of that stuff. It's exactly what I was thinking. My friends story is that his stepdad cleaned out and rearranged his room one day, and when my friend got back and looked for the Nintendo, he couldn't find it and didn't know where it was. He asked the stepdad, and he doesn't seem to know. And he also before that had one of the kids from the neighborhood that I used to hang out with over playing it, and that's the last time he remembers playing it. And after that he doesn't remember it, but he swears that the kid didn't borrow or steal it like I originally thought because we had a bad friendship breakup last time we associated. And furthermore the mom has no idea because she had no knowledge or connection of it being there whatsoever. And my friend has searched the entire room and house (they live in an apartment) and it's nowhere in there. And there's no clue where it went.

I personally think that someone's hiding something. The two most likely explanations are that (1) his friend actually DID manage to steal it one day and it's sitting across the street from me now as I speak, or (2) the stepdad found it, did something with it, and is lying to everybody and not telling us what really happened. I haven't talked to him directly, but my parents have made a big deal about it and pressured my friends parents to get on the case. I haven't been over to see my friend since it disappeared.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Your friend's stepdad wouldn't just throw away an NES, and I don't see why he'd hide it either. So I'm guessing it was either stolen by this other kid, or your friend lied to you about it. Regardless, it sounds like it happened a long time ago, so there's really nothing you can do about it now.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Well, it's been about 1.5 to 2 years. Right now my current strategy is to bring it up every time I see my friend on AIM. He wants to pay me the money for the game replacement, but he's taking forever getting stuff together, as he's just a teen. I don't think he had anything to do with it. It was someone around him. I swear to God, if I find out that it's the stepdad and he can't get it back to me, I'm going to open a can of unrelenting whoopass on him and get my first official assault charge on my criminal record. It would be totally worth it!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Wait, this happened that recently? Why are you friends with a 13 year old?

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
He used to live in my neighborhood before his real dad got divorced and went to live with his mom in his apartment. I've known him since he was born. He's actually a pretty non-devious, polite, and low-key guy. He's also very tall. Taller than me even. He's not the kinda guy that would pull off a stealing and coverup job like this, but he's the kind of person who would let somebody take advantage of him right under his nose and have a hard time hounding them about it if he did. Trust me, I've hounded him to hound people about this, but he doesn't have the same fire inside that I have.

yooperchick

Registered Member
That stinks about your troubles. I learned early never to lend things out to friends. It may sound harsh, but when I'd do it (when I was younger), either I wouldn't get it back or it would end up broken. So, I quit doing it. Now, it's a different story if I bring it with me and take it back when I leave.

Hopefully you will get it resolved soon.

Absolute

Registered Member
I can remember having like 3 NES' in my garage.. I think one worked, and the other 2 both had their tops screwed off because of some kind of problem.. most likely dog pee.

Now I don't have a clue where they are.. probably trash or given away.

Julie

Registered Member
My first one got sold when SNES came out & I upgraded to that system. Of course, I've since acquired another system & working on building up the game collection.